Mormon Gold Coins supposedly in a cave southeast of Lake of the Ozarks.

massey631

Apr 25, 2022
If Treasure Legend seekers are correct the story of the lost Gold Mormon coins are out there still somewhere southeast of the Lake of the Ozarks. Soo in reguard to looking for this cave or dry creek bed does anyone else know much about it? It is supposedly between Fort Leonardwood to Vienna Missouri. Well if it's still out there it would have't be covered over with vegetation since it was nearly 183 years ago that the LDS men buried the coins in the cave. So does anyone have more information on this Treasure Legend? I just know the story does exists and that some coins were found back in the 1930's by deer hunters in a dry creek bed.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't find any mention of hunters finding any gold coins in the 1930's in any Missouri newspaper. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but that kind of thing does tend to make the news.

OP
OP
M

massey631

Apr 25, 2022
I don't find any mention of hunters finding any gold coins in the 1930's in any Missouri newspaper. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but that kind of thing does tend to make the news.
I tried sending information into LDS Church history and they said that the story about the treasure is made up. It wasn't factual information. You know I tried to ask them for the attack sites where the men were supposedly attacked and they couldn't find anything in the whole history of the men even being there or that they were attacked somewhere south of Lake of the Ozarks. Soo my guess is the story was made up Rob.

J.H.Crenshaw

Greenie
Dec 10, 2018
Detector(s) used
AT Max, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Story is false…. Mormons only minted their own gold coins from 1848 to 1860 in Salt Lake City Utah…

all Mormons were force to leave Missouri in 1839 by the governor’s executive order #44, and since mormans were banned in Missouri it’s doubtful any ever returned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread