Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought it was a falcon at first until I had some help with Id (thank you!) but still really cool bird imo. Sorry @ the grainy nature of pics we just got hammered with days of rain and my windows are dirty.

Attachments

• IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    984.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    812 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3184.JPG
    IMG_3184.JPG
    800.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3185.JPG
    IMG_3185.JPG
    824.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3186.JPG
    IMG_3186.JPG
    842.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3187.JPG
    IMG_3187.JPG
    843.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thatā€™s either a Sharp Shinned, a Cooper, or a Goshawk. They all look pretty much the same except for size. Sharp shinned smallest, goshawk the largest. These are hawks in the accipiter family and are not falcons.
Oh sweet thank you, I am no Ornithologist for sure. Very cool though just opened shades and there that magnificent creature was, took it as a n omen and had a great day treasure hunting :) (found first flying eagle penny)

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just opened shades and there that magnificent creature was, took it as a n omen and had a great day treasure hunting :) (found first flying eagle penny)
That's pretty awesome. There's no such thing as a "flying hawk penny", but I guess you got pretty close!

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a time in my younger years that I considered birds of prey as vermin An d they where to be gotten rid of as much as possible Over time .I understood that they are a part of what makes nature so special It is a marvel to me how all things created come together in way that we all benefit from it all .And by the way I like your pictures They portray the kind of day it was Not every day is bright and sunny

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a time in my younger years that I considered birds of prey as vermin An d they where to be gotten rid of as much as possible Over time .I understood that they are a part of what makes nature so special It is a marvel to me how all things created come together in way that we all benefit from it all .And by the way I like your pictures They portray the kind of day it was Not every day is bright and sunny
yes synergy in nature is amazing at times, thank you for the nice comment it sure does rain a lot here :)

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I always think it's a special time when I see a hawk or an owl.
Would this be the same hawk as what you saw?

View attachment 2125844
As do I, a good omen imo...looks the same to me but I thought it was a peregrine falcon at first (why I originally posted this excited me because it is an endangered species) so I really have no idea. Seems to me most diggers are also naturalist to some degree as we obviously like spending a great deal of time outdoors :). Treasure isn't always tangible, a good experience or memory can be a nice reward in and of itself...thanks for looking and always having something constructive to say. Take care now.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures :) They also are majestic birds

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful pictures
Iā€™m sure it eats very good
thank you Bill, all the smaller birds that used to roost in that tree are conspicuously absent now....so yes indeedy that bird seems to be well nourished

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thank you Bill, all the smaller birds that used to roost in that tree are conspicuously absent now....so yes indeedy that bird seems to be well nourished
Oh the little birds don't stick around when the hawk comes in for easy pickings at the feeder.
Doves seem to get it more often.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh the little birds don't stick around when the hawk comes in for easy pickings at the feeder.
Doves seem to get it more often.
true enough, prolly on their way to Argentina or somewhere a heck of a lot warmer than the 10 degrees here :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread