Morning Low Tide

lowtidetim

Jan 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Hit the surf lane this morning. The wind was blowing 20+ and the waves were ruff as bricks. The only other hunter I saw down there was Tony of Tidewater. At the time we met neither of us were doing too well, Tony said he had a junk ear ring. I also looked for Steve and Bia but I guess they were pressing sheets in the hotel at that time of the morning. Targets were scarce and I had only found a silver toe ring, then I got a nice signal and pulled up a 10 K mens ring with 4 small stones. a little later I snagged a .925 ear ring made in Thailand. All in all a good day but it started early. The nut included 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 .925 ear ring, 1 .925 toe ring, 1 nickle, 2 quarters, 6 dimes and 9 pennies. Here is a photo of the goodies.
HH and good luck to all the surf pirates out there.
LTT

Attachments

• 9-24-05 b.jpg
    9-24-05 b.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 0

tb

Mar 24, 2005
LTT,

Nice ring. How much deeper is the gold in the lane versus clad? Or is it? I'm able to find clad, fishing weights, wire, and other bits and pieces of junk, but so far no gold. I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering if I'm just not getting to the right depth. My detector isn't a "surf or water" detector. Lately, I've had to cut the sensitivity back halfway because of it chattering like crazy. When the funds are right I'm shooting for a waterproof, probably PI unit.

Thanks,
tb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread