Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Friends got a chance to get out to Newport Beach not much to show..:sad1:the weather was very nice got a little suntan,decided to concentrate more on the wet sand than dry sand...

Next time I'll go knee to waist deep & practice since it was a little on the low tide..

Did get to meet another md'er Louie,,he approached me wanting to know about my PI,he was using a whites coin master..
We chatted a while,nice guy for his scoop he had one of those plastic rubbermaid juice container,which he made holes on the bottom of it,I thought that was kinda clever & inexpensive!!!!

So anyway I had one of those slight sounds & thinking this is it my GOLD:hello2:I dug & dug & it got a little louder so I dug more,about 3 feet,got louder,,,gave up because someone told me if its loud its must be iron maybe I'll go back:icon_scratch:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 876
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Kiana7, I get those kinds of sounds, too...I dig, and dig, and keep diggin'....then I just give up after a couple of feet , deciding that my arms are more important than whatever it is that deep. :dontknow:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!!

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
But you never know. One day I got out up in Santa Monica way near the pier and I found three deep ones that all turned out to be cell phones. One was actually a Blackberry. All were prety much toasted of course but still fun to find as the tourists watch when you pull up phone from a foot or two down. I have even found working watches but then of course their is plenty of rotting aluminum cans out there or huge chunks of boat parts to cotend with.

Frankly I think around the piers in Newport the area get's raked over pretty good by local mdr's these days.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you have a pulse,you have to dig it all and somtimes when they get to deep,you have to let them go.:leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kiana7, I get those kinds of sounds, too...I dig, and dig, and keep diggin'....then I just give up after a couple of feet , deciding that my arms are more important than whatever it is that deep. :dontknow:
Hi Lorraine,I thought I was the only one digging forever,so right my arm is more important,,funny though b/c you think you might pass up a good thing & when its toooo DEEP its also too LOUD,,
One time I dug so deep I came across a Pipe Line:laughing7:Did I back off ever

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Newport. These beaches are so picked over I'm surprised you found that much. I live 5min away and go down every once in a while and I usually see at least 2 other old timers MDing. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting