Morning Silver

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
On my way home from Walmart, the opposite side of town, today I decided I would stop at the banks on my way back looking for some halves & CWRs. At the last one, I used the last of my cash to buy as many halves as I could (I found out later they had about $1,000). To my surprise, I found a beautiful 1941 Walking Liberty half which also happens to be my first silver!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130215_215156.png
    ForumRunner_20130215_215156.png
    410.3 KB · Views: 237
  • ForumRunner_20130215_215428.png
    ForumRunner_20130215_215428.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that coin is in amazing condition.....great find.....that's one to remember for sure......and your first silver too....congrats!:thumbsup:

H$H!

OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! My heart skipped a beat when I saw what it was. This, of course, was after my blood got pumping because I saw the rim! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go get the rest of those coins!

Very nice walker indeed

OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
Trust me, if I had the money, I would. It's killing me that I couldn't go buy the rest, but I'm just out of undergrad working as a graduate assistant and my wife and I have very little spare money. The only reason I had cash today was because my grandma sent it for V day.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go sell off your other halves you got today and start banging it out to deplete the 1000 they had. It is easily doable. Finding a walker in that great of shape makes one wonder what else maybe in with them, maybe solid rolls of them. Trust me you will kick yourself later if you don't get them while you can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like AU-58, worth $25.

Sweet!

I'm planning, too, on going back for a little more fishing. I have a few hundred I'm gonna have to pay the repair man within the next few days. I think I'll take out a little extra to help & maybe do a round of about $350 to kick it off before I pay out my bill.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get them while you can, if you had some time i would buy all you could, drive to a different parking lot, park, look through them real fast, cash them in at another bank close by and go back to buy another batch, 3 runs and should drain that 1k pretty quick =) Hope you score on them, need my silver fix even if it is vicariously =P

OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
Get them while you can, if you had some time i would buy all you could, drive to a different parking lot, park, look through them real fast, cash them in at another bank close by and go back to buy another batch, 3 runs and should drain that 1k pretty quick =) Hope you score on them, need my silver fix even if it is vicariously =P

Well, I'll be sure to post back if I find anything tomorrow when I make it back up there!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you can cycle through that 1k in a couple hours between two banks, your bankroll may be big enough to buy them all next time!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have gotten some morning wood if I found that morning silver!

OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
if you can cycle through that 1k in a couple hours between two banks, your bankroll may be big enough to buy them all next time!

That's what I'm hoping at this point. I'd want to find another dump bank or two if I wanted to do it in a few hours though. I currently only use the one, oddly enough, right across the street from the location I'd be picking up from. I'd imagine they'd get annoyed if I tried to dump nearly $1,000 in halves in a few hours. :laughing7:

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take them some cookies or cupcakes from a local bakery, am sure it will soften them up for you =)

OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
$160 more gone through with no luck. After class I'm gonna finish searching, turn in and go back. By about 3 this afternoon I should have an additional $80 to add to my bankroll too. Thank you Craig's List.:laughing7:

OP
OP
B

bdrilling5

Jan 4, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
A total of $320 searched today got me a handful of NIFC and no silver. And I didn't even get to make my Craigslist sale... here's to happier hunting tomorrow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread