Morons! Almost lost a bank today.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I go in to pick up my weekly boxes at one of my banks. There has been a couple other guys ordering coins for the last few months since the price is up. I had already heard that once one of the guys bought his boxes(4), searched them, and then brought them right back! He was told not to do that again but was still allowed to buy boxes.
Last week, one of the other guys picked up his boxes(4 also), searched then, and, thinking he was being slick, dropped them at another branch of the same bank!
This week the word came from the front office-"no more ordering boxes!"
Fortunately for me, the head teller is sticking up for me and has secured permission to continue ordering for me alone. The other guys got cut off for being stoopid. Donuts are in order at the very least!
The worst part is that we have 3 very accommodating TD branches nearby that have no problem taking all of our dumps and these guys know about them. And yet, they refuse to utilize them. Too cheap to open a free checking account, I guess.

BTW, 2 of the 4 boxes I picked up were skunks, one had 3 40% and the other was my first real dream box!

This year, over the last 100 boxes, my average has been just about 1.8 coins/box. 9 out of the last 11 skunked.

We opened the last one and saw several silver 40% on the ends of rolls. We got excited!
11 rolls had silver showing.
For the first time in 3 years of hunting(3 years this month) I got a dream box! By the time the dust settled we had:
1964- 1
1965- 1
1966- 37
1967- 83
1968- 42
1969- 69

Every single roll had silver. Most more than one. Several had 5 or 6 and one had 10! They're almost all in BU condition. Someone's collection got dumped for sure.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 712
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
look at it as losing 2 dumb folks who compete for what you want -- they cut their own throats the dullards -- yes donuts for the teller who stuck up for you are in order.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you didn't lose your supply bank, and congratulations on a monster dream box. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Nick

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
That's really good news. I'm glad to hear the other two got slammed and you kept your gig. Too many in this so called hobby want to stomp around not caring about the damage they cause.

Oh yeah, congrats!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
IM SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING SCORE!!!!!

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, now those are beautiful. Congrats. The two dopes lost out big time.

I can just imagine someone buying them new from the bank and then they sat in a closet or someplace over 40 yrs until they were turned in by someone who did not know their true value.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Great score!!! I agree with you 100%. If you wear out your welcome you will get what is coming to you. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread