Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well decided to play hooky from work today as I missed out on Sunday's hunt…. hunthicks and I decided to try a site that was hard hit over the years as we are saving our new spots when our detecting bud get back in town and do a 3 day hunt…I looked at the large site and figured there had to be finds around and quickly started to think how many people neglect the edges of the fields…7 Geo II coins came out in a small area along with a french cross with stone in it with one missing and also a french bale seal… not the best picture but you can see the 3 fleur de lys and crown at the top…Other finds from another close by field include a couple dozen musket balls, buttons with one with the material on the back, gaming pieces, my first canteen top, ram rod thimble, spoon, cannon ball, crotal bells, buckles and large mortar frag.

Attachments

• Group 5.jpg
    Group 5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 176
  • french cross.jpg
    french cross.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 493
  • bale.jpg
    bale.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 174
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 180
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Frag.jpg
    Frag.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 161
  • canteen.jpg
    canteen.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 167
  • cannon.jpg
    cannon.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Upvote 24

robles

May 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
appears to be some sort of mindblowing area!! Good confirms.
g.png

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day there! Lots of early coppers and lots of buttons. That makes for some fun digging :thumbsup:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt!!

Always nice finding those hidden/missed areas loaded with Sweet finds, specially when it's big coppers. The boy and I found one of those sites earlier in the year just like yours. It's an Awesome feeling knowing your next find could be a big cooper or old silver.
Good Luck on future hunts there and enjoy that feeling!! Sites like that don't happen very often...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day of digging old coppers and relics, lots of history in that pile of goodies.

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day there! Lots of early coppers and lots of buttons. That makes for some fun digging :thumbsup:

You're right Steve, nothing like hitting a site that produces...beats being skunked anyday!!!

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks...yes seems like those type of hunts are getting hard to find appreciate when they appear...

Awesome hunt!!

Always nice finding those hidden/missed areas loaded with Sweet finds, specially when it's big coppers. The boy and I found one of those sites earlier in the year just like yours. It's an Awesome feeling knowing your next find could be a big cooper or old silver.
Good Luck on future hunts there and enjoy that feeling!! Sites like that don't happen very often...

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! :o Now that's a great day of digging! :occasion14:

To find that many coppers on the edge of the fields is amazing, makes me wonder what I've been missing over the years. :icon_scratch:
I always concentrate on the entry / exits to the fields they tend to be the most trashy, but often produce the sweetest finds.

Love the complete crotal bell, the french bale seal and button with the thread still attached! :thumbsup:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread