Most likely just...rocks....? Southern Pennsylvania backyard near creek.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than one or two points everything I have seen you post are rocks. There are hundreds of years of experience here collecting artifacts, if you cant accept their opinions with out insulting members this may not be the forum for you.

Last edited:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well because of your obvious expertise I should not have to explain what these are to you and they just so happen to be in my backyard so before you go chastising me maybe you need to research a little harder. I've done my research and all I have to do is go to my backyard and I'll find something you will think is natural rock and that's okay

View attachment 1619731

View attachment 1619732 View attachment 1619733

So so you not only think every rock you find is some magical, mystical Indian Effigy, you also think crooked trees probably less than 100 years old actually mark things? I do know this though. I will not waste my time or knowledge replying to anything you post. Hopefully the others here will do the same because you obviously have no clue what you are talking about and refuse to listen to anyone.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
None of those trees are over 100 years old. Most are closer to 50. So what are they marking? They are just trees that were damaged and nature grew know them back that way.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this one :coffee2:

oooaaa.jpg

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why so many people are offended that I won't take their opinion about it just be natural rock. I some how am being combative by showing pictures that were just a way to show i might not be not trying to scam anyone, and it just creates more doubt.

https://goo.gl/images/gBoRLr

Check out this link and i bet there might be something familiar , and might explain why i posted the tree picts.

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a tough crowd. Perfect place to experience closed mindedness, and jealousy. The definition of effigy is a crude representation of a person or animal. If an native American came across effigy, either hand crafted or natural, it would have held spiritual value, they believed rock had souls, just one example

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a tough crowd. Perfect place to experience closed mindedness, and jealousy. The definition of effigy is a crude representation of a person or animal. If an native American came across effigy, either hand crafted or natural, it would have held spiritual value, they believed rock had souls, just one example

This is the North American Indian Artifact forum, if object posted was not made or modified by an American Indian it does NOT belong on this forum. A "natural" effigy is not an effigy, it is a rock and someone's imagination and unless it has been modified by man it does NOT belong on this forum.

Your the one who started attacking forum members because you did not like the opinions they gave. No one here is jealous of your finds.

Thread is moved to geofact forum.

Last edited:

NotJustAnotherSarah

Aug 3, 2018
IN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rocks are treasures too! I like them. Is that the native stone (asking from a geological perspective). Some look a little sand stoney (just made that word up). It would be interesting to know the type of stone.

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woolly mammoth effigy. Hoping this doesn't offend anybody.

20180809_110424.jpg

20180809_110459.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this is the Geofact forum no problem posting the rock here.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread