Most Popular Beer At The Beach?

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Hi All,
Based on the number of bottle caps that I have dug on the beaches at Daytona it appears that Bud Light is the numero uno beer brought to the beach. Second place is Corona.
How about your area?

HH,
N5PIP

OK, here's an update on 8/14/05. I just bought a Surf Master PI Pro and here are the bottle cap results for todays hunt at Daytona Beach:

Budweiser 9
Corona 7
Heineken 5
Beck's 2
St. Pauli Girl 2
3 Palms (?) 1
Bavaria (Holland) 1
Bud Light 1
Icehouse 1
Michelob Ultra 1
Miller Lite 1
Smirnoff 1
----------------
Total 32

Also 1 tube of Bengay ;-) :D

HH,
Stirling, N5PIP

Upvote 0
G

GregV

N5PIP said:
Hi All,
Based on the number of bottle caps that I have dug on the beaches at Daytona it appears that Bud Light is the numero uno beer brought to the beach. Second place is Corona.
How about your area?

HH,
N5PIP

Or as I would see it; The Bud Light drinker is the biggest litter bug! The second biggest litter slob would be the Corona drinker.

Just the way I see it.

Greg

wmas1960

May 17, 2005
Chicagoland
Haven't thought of doing such a poll but that could be interesting. From my recallection though, from all the bottle caps I have found on a beach in a suburb North of Chicago, I would have to say it is close right now.

MGD, Miller Light and Corona are, by far the most popular.

I have found 2 or 3 BL caps a Heineken or two, A couple Grolsche. I found a couple the other day that I can't pronounce. They are Polish Brands. The ads here on the radio, for one of them is called OK Beer.

I think I sense a need for another spreadsheet on Excel. One to track numbers of beer caps by brands. Will post the stats when I get that done.

wmas1960

May 17, 2005
Chicagoland
OK, just put my small collection in Excel.

1. Miller Lite 8
2. Corona 7
3. MGD 6
4. Becks 4
5. Bud Light 3

Some honorable mentions

Smirnoff - Green Cap 2 Red Cap 1

Grolsche
Fosters
Guiness Extra Stout
Leinies Berry Weiss
Okacim (OK) (Poland)
Plzensky (Czech?)
Smirnoff
Sam Adams Seasonal
Special Export
Tyskie (Poland

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Bud Light and Coronoa bottle tops, and Busch cans crushed and buried at about 6 inches. (Coquina Beach and Anna Maria Island).

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By far the most popular brew in my part of the country is Bud or Bud Light. Anything else is looked upon as sissy beer! :D JIM

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 20 Mile from the YUENGLING Brewery.

So Coors Light is the Most Popular around Here :D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what ever is cheapest locally will be the most found---I think ---plus the cheaper they are the more they trash dump normally.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find a lot of Bud Light and Corona at Daytona.

I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida, there was the Bud brewery and Schlitz brewery both within 5 miles of my home, but I never really enjoyed their beers.

I use to travel with my job installing central office telephone equipment and have lived in multiple cities in 9 different states. I started out drinking Coors when I was in Air Force station In Colorado, switched to Pabst Blue Ribbon, then when I was stationed in Okinawa, I switched to San Miguel.

Because Alcohol was so cheap in Okinawa on base, 25 cents a bottle for beer, $1.10 for a fifth of Smirnoff Vodka, $1.50 for fifth of Chevas Regal Scotch I switched from beer to wiskey. On my return to states I switched to Hienken for my beer, but kept my love of Chevas. I have drank all kinds of beer from all points in this country. Use to love "Little Kings ale". I lived in Missouri for 19 years, but still was never a "Bud Man".

My choice now is Labatt Blue from Canada. I can drink it and not get a headache. ;D But I am still and will always be a Scotch lover.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GaBeaSwpr said:
Gotta be Corona where I hunt. As I have stated MANY times before, Corona drinkers need to be introduced to a garbage can.
Jim
Amen to that!!! If the introduction to a garbage can doesn't work out then I'd like to introduce them to my sand scoop upside their head.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N5PIP.

Way to clean up. Now where were you, so I can go find a few things now you have cleaned out the trash for me. Last year I found 10 unopened bottles of beers while detecting in Ocean City, MD. They must have buried them to keep cool, and the party must have gotten to be too much, so they forgot them. I tossed them as I could remember a few tricks I pulled in my younger days with replacing the beer in a bottle, Get the picture. ;D

Ed D.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Hollywood/Dania the beer of choice for the drunken slobs are
1-Corona
2-Mgd
3-Heineken
4-Bud light and last but not least because They are always buried a foot down it seems is Busch,the whole cans.Honorable mentions go to everything else under the sun with a twist off top,including some with Spanish writing on them.I even found a coca-cola cap from Sweden once on this beach.Good ole S.FL.! ::)
The last time I went to the beach detecting,I found someones blanket still spread out with a bunch of empty smirnoff bottles,a 12 pack of bud bottles (4 full ones still in it),a fifth of grey goose vodka with about 1/4 of the bottle left,and a fifth of jaagermeister,still full minus a few shots,plus the guy left his shirt and flip flops,who knows how he went anywhere after drinking all of that.Maybe the cops took him away because your not supposed to be on this particular stretch of beach at night and this was at sunrise when I found it,plus it's posted all over-no alchohol on the beach.I figured maybe he got so drunk he lost some money but no such luck,I dug all around there looking for a wallet after my detector didn't register anything but bottlecaps that I promptly dug up.I saw the clean up guy coming on his cushman so I waved him over to clean it up cause the trash can was a hundred yards away at least,and I wasn't shlepping all that crap,I was heading in the opposite direction.I took a picture to post with my finds that day,but my other computer crashed and I lost all my photos in it. :(
Next!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread