Mother Bear and three cubs

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as I was riding home on the atc 200 m with the 5900 di pro in the back pack. a big black bear stepped on to the rail road grade with tree little black cubs they all scramble of in a hurry...
and I don't blame them, I am pretty ugly.....
what a site I'm the luckiest person on treasure net to day....

P.S. enjoy the Bears now before Monsanto genetically alter them and make them glow in the dark for their own personal dis pleasure...

liftloop

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your here to tell the tale!

I think it was the 5900 di. Pro that scared them, they probably saw the commercial of the guy with a detector that rips the gold chain off the guy and runs.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The bears are beautiful, especially the cubs but sometimes ole momma gets a little irritable. Been chased for a short distance by one, just far enough to keep me moving and to make her happy but it is amazing how fast you can move when prompted to. Respect the wild critters, they live there.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bears are beautiful, especially the cubs but sometimes ole momma gets a little irritable. Been chased for a short distance by one, just far enough to keep me moving and to make her happy but it is amazing how fast you can move when prompted to. Respect the wild critters, they live there.

Glad you got to see the bear and cubs. I've never seen a momma with cubs yet. I'm just glad wild turkeys run and don't attack. I watch years ago my dog Bandit take off after 10-12 wild turkeys and he closed the gap quickly. The last turkey had just launched itself into the air and Bandit jumped and got hold of it and it can back down. That turkey whipped my dog. The dog was just trying to get away and yelling like hell. The dog had holes all over from the birds spurs. When the dog turned to run back toward me the bird was pissed enough to give a short chase after the dog. For a split second I thought I was going to have to out run the dog!!!!!!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest: