Mother nature takes over..treasure coast

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just wandered down the coast yestiddy, and checked out from Chucks to Turtle Trail. Bonsteel is exhibiting erosion, with a pronounced longshore slough. Ampersand is built up, unfortunately. Seagrape and Turtle trail (both open by the way) show erosion! I guess all that "compatible" material didn't meet mother natures specifications....However, at Turtle trail A TRACKHOE HAS CLEARED A PATH THROUGH THE DUNE TO THE PARKING LOT. And me without my Excalibur. Someone please go check it out and lemme know what you find.

Bill

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Bill, I can't believe you didn't bring your MD! Is Turtle trail south of Seagrape? I think Seagrape has the Green Cabin foundation. The signs vanished in 2004.

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Was actually thinking of heading that way today.I don't know where those parks are though,but whats the inlet look like??NATE

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Seagrape and Turtle Trails are just south of the Disney Resort in Wabasso. Posts block the entrance to I think Seagrape. I park on the west side of AIA and did not get towed away. Look in 'Historic Beach Erosion' , an earlier post in this forum for pics of entrance. They are not parks. They used to be beach access only. I think they are closed now. Wish I could go, but cannot.

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks Bigcypress!Maybe I'll check it out today.I was going to post a topic question on the laws of the isolated finds.Maybe you can help.I was wondering if we're allowed to enter the water with a metal detector if we're not in the vicinity of a wreck??I've been sticking to dry beach because of my uncertainty.I've looked at different topics of the law,but I haven't seen anything that positivly states that.Thanks again!!NATE

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That question was asked and answered but I don't member where.
Well, did you go to Turtle Trail?
What did you find?

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
no I didn't make it there,but I went just north of Ft.pierce inlet.About 50 cents and two keys.Oh well.I did get a large hit there though right at the water line according to my metal detector it was rectangle about a foot long and about 6 inches wide.Unfortunatly the water kept caving the walls as i dug with my scoop and I couldn't get it out.At one point I could get a couple fingers on it'but couldn't get it to budge.I had to have worked on it for 30 minutes or so with no luck.I did mark the spot with a landmark and I'll wait for a peak low tide and try again.I've got a Garret Seahunter MarkII and it's all audio so I have no idea what kind of metal it is either.I find thats the only problem with it since I'll be digging up big hits like that to find a chunk of iron or steel.Good luck to you and maybe I'll head towards Seagrape or Turtle trail tomorrow.HH!!NATE

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Did anyone get to detect Turtle Trail after machinery cleared out the underbush that Billinstuart referred to in an earlier post? (Turtle Trail is Corrigan's Beach)

w242

Greenie
Jan 25, 2005
Great hunting here in Cape Canaveral.? Found all these in about 3 hours and pretty close to one another.

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 255
  • post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 205

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread