Mother's Day Menagerie!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took Julio to an older elementary school rear yard that I have hit hard over the years. The ground was soft and conductive due to a recent rain. Found this itty-bitty sterling & turquoise ring about 7-8" down!
Silverhorse2.jpg

I then melted my headphones with this very-near-the-surface sterling ring...
Silverhorse1.jpg

Then I got a good, solid, repeatable signal in the "gold" range on the ATPro. Dug down about 5-6" below the sod and found these shiny earrings staring back at me. One is missing a single link but can be fixed. Not a speck of patina or tarnish on them, but no markings. They are heavy for their construction. I will have them tested. They still had the earring backs on them, so they must have fallen out of a pocket.
Silverhorse3.jpg

Rounded out the hunt with a plated gold necklace and pendant, a silver plated horse pendant, a silver plated earring, a gold plated bling ring, a Happy Face kids ring, and a silver plated bling ring.
Silverhorse4.jpg

A fun day with good weather and easy soil. Happy Hunting to all and thanks for looking. Sub 8-)

Upvote 13

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a jewelry day for you! On the posts, of the dangles earrings, the part that goes through the ear, in very tiny letters it should be stamped .925 or sterling, if it is. They may be rhodium plated, which will prevent tarnish.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trip out. That small ring was a nice dig at that depth. Congrats on it all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions