motorized suction target recovery?????

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean the one with the weed eater on it ??

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that video. That was a stupid idea which had no chance of working.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasnt a bad idea, just a bad concept, and it could totally work. The problem is the noise would defeat its use at most places.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasnt a bad idea, just a bad concept, and it could totally work. The problem is the noise would defeat its use at most places.

no, it's not a workable idea. I use a gold dredge and I know first hand how much trouble you can have with plugups. Blindly shoving that thing in the sand to suck up a coin or ring will lead to constant string of plugs which will require stopping, getting out of the water and clearing the jam before going back in.

The extreme noise was just would get thrown out of most places.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the FLV. I just don't know how to post it.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone. montauk3, if you cant figure out how to post it you might be able to e-mail it to me?
chuck.

QUOTE=Montauk3;3147112]I have the FLV. I just don't know how to post it.[/QUOTE]

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Use an electric motor, they are quieter. Works better with 220v too!

And if you get too far from shore you can always pull yourself back in with the cord.

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Coin Diver on web
I have met him and used his hobby vac.
It is very handy and quick and quiet.
I have his number if you are interested.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, saved it to favorites!!!!
still looking for links or what they called the one that went over your shoulder?
chuck.

Check out Coin Diver on web
I have met him and used his hobby vac.
It is very handy and quick and quiet.
I have his number if you are interested.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was no name for it. It was a single made unit. I don't even know if the video is still around.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Can anyone give simple directions for sending the file to him?

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone give simple directions for sending the file to him?

Right-click on the file and go to "send to"
under "send to" go over to "compressed(zipped) folder"
left click on "compressed(zipped)file"
Your computer will compress it, and create a new file/folder with the video name, the folder will have a zipper on it. The folder w/zipper is what you email as an attachment like you would send a picture.
Good luck,
TDNY

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
If you want a motorized suction target recovery then watch eBay or Craigslist for a 1.5 inch or 2" backpack gold dredge with pontoons (example: http://rosewindmining.com/product_info.php/products_id/517 ). Years ago when I was younger, I had a 3 inch Keene power jet dredge that I used with a underwater metal detector. I found this old swimming hole with a high pier that kids loved to dive off. It dated back to the 1940's judging from the coinage I recovered but a handful of gold rings. The bottom was covered with eel grass and littered with broken glass, fishing sinkers and aluminum trash. I attached a 3 foot x 3 foot screen box of 1/2" hardware cloth to recover anything the riffles didn't catch. Silver coins usually were found in the riffles. My unit had a air compressor for the 15 foot depth. I checked the box every 30 minutes as the clam shells and sand would start to overcome the floatation. Every weekend found me on the site and after 2 months, I'd recovered hundreds of clad and silver coins, about 25 pounds of broken glass, filet knives, several pounds of lead sinkers, assorted fishing hooks and about 30 rings that about half were plated and the others silver and gold. Today you'd need special permission from the state to run a gold dredge in a freshwater lake but a county source told me I was only recycling water because an actually dredge has to be discharging 1500 gallons per minute and mine was 150 gallons per minute. It is OK to run one along saltwater areas because the tides refill the holes. I've eyed many intracoastal areas that are frequented by jet skiers that hold coins and valuables but are extremely trashy. A dredge would work well here using a snorkle, mask and fins. Get a reading and gradually introduce the nozzle into the sand then check the hole just like using a scoop without all the digging. Place a screen box on the back to catch the goodies and trash. Those Honda motors are real quiet too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread