Mount Baldy, New Mexico help..

Goldmember

Greenie
Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The east side of Baldy and the surrounding area is on the Philmont Scout Ranch, not accessible to the public. Ute Creek runs southeast from Baldy to the town of Ute Park. There looks to be a 4 mile stretch between the ranch boundary and Ute Park where the creek is not on ranch property, but I don't know if that stretch is also private, or if gold can be found in that stretch of creek.

About Philmont

The west side of Baldy and the surrounding area is owned by the Sandia Pueblo of Albuquerque. They call it Bobcat Ranch. Willow Creek runs south-southwest from the southwest side of Baldy toward Eagle Nest (you can use the same link I posted above to find Willow). I don't know if Willow is on Bobcat Ranch, but even if it isn't, it looks to be on private property as well.

https://www.sandiapueblo.nsn.us/bobcat-ranch/

I've been wanting to prospect that whole area for years now, as I only live about an hour away, but it seems to be off limits. If you find out I'm mistaken, please let me know. -GM

OP
OP
S

soonerschwab

Feb 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The west side of Baldy and the surrounding area is owned by the Sandia Pueblo of Albuquerque. They call it Bobcat Ranch. Willow Creek runs south-southwest from the southwest side of Baldy toward Eagle Nest (you can use the same link I posted above to find Willow). I don't know if Willow is on Bobcat Ranch, but even if it isn't, it looks to be on private property as well.

https://www.sandiapueblo.nsn.us/bobcat-ranch/

I've been wanting to prospect that whole area for years now, as I only live about an hour away, but it seems to be off limits. If you find out I'm mistaken, please let me know. -GM

I have contacted the Sandia Pueblo of Bobcat Ranch and have set up a meeting to discuss camping and prospecting on their land. I'll let you know what they say. Thanks for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread