Mountain adventures and lots of photos

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a trip to the river this weekend. Had a lot of fun and took a million pictures. I believe most of the rock pics to be geo-facts but, it is good training for the eye to just photograph everything. It certainly can not do any harm.

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

Ernie lost his rubber ducky
IMG_1090.JPG

Chicken Hawk - Fog Horn Leg Horn
IMG_1088.JPG

Geofact. Looks like a crustacean has been removed. I've seen it before in limestone.
IMG_1086.JPG

Geofact. Zoomed in for this. About 12' or so over head. The inside is wider than the outside.
IMG_1046.JPG

Geofact. Crack in the base extends into the object. Object is unecessarily deep in places. Looks like an incomplete vara symbol.
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG

Geofact? Please ignore the dirty fingers. We had been out all day climbing crevices and boulders. No idea on this.
IMG_1042.JPG

Geofact. Two ranges of the same image. Neat though, huh? I've got my eye on you.
IMG_1039.JPG
IMG_1038.JPG

I will let the viewers say what needs saying about this. I thought it looked neat. Found it above and to the right of the next set.
IMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG
IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG

Interesting rock.
IMG_1026.JPG

Geofact. Looks like a cool number 3 but, it is really a crack with calcium growth.
IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG

Geofact. Running man. Tyler found this one. I told him look at everything and call me for ANYTHING. Finding geofacts is excellent training for the mind, IMHO.
IMG_1022.JPG

That kid loves the spotlight.
IMG_1024.JPG

Tyler spotted this one to. I won't speculate on this one.
IMG_1020.JPG

Geofact. Another of Tyler's finds.
IMG_1013.JPG

No comment.
IMG_1009.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG

Now for some COOL stuff. ALL of the previous images are are behind the photographer, along a tall outcrop of stone and crawl spaces.
IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG

Geofact. Found it inside the cave. The floor also sounded hollow. That is common in the little caves that build up a thick layer of organic material and bat guano. It didn't sound like a wood floor in a beam house.
IMG_0995.JPG

Anyhoo. That was our big adventure for the weekend.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Verrrrrrry, interesting place, BIT. That, "I've got my eye on you" has a large "85" blacked in on it. Also, this owl face is cool.

owl.JPG

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Verrrrrrry, interesting place, BIT. That, "I've got my eye on you" has a large "85" blacked in on it. Also, this owl face is cool.
It appears to be so ShSt. Also, did you catch the daddy long legs in there? I didn't notice it until I went back to look for the 85.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Sorry Matty,
This time I'll disagree with you.
When dealing with a heart ... Always, picture a bow (as in a bow and arrow)
pull the bow and it makes a heart.

Follow the flight of the arrow. Always.

Resort to other measures after this doesn't work (of course my teacher was short on info too)
but his info hasn't failed me yet.

40 years later.

Thom

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
B.I.T. AND OD!!! First of all great area,, it really looks lived in at some timee way back!! Good pics of subjects of interest,, THOM, could the pic, that the " The Rocking Kidd " marked up, and the heart rock in it also mean, since it it resting on another stone,, to dig down till you hit rock, or only 2 or 3 ft hopefully, then dig in straight ahead!! It looks like the crack gets wider after it goes underground! Less than my two-cents,, cause in this economy I have to watch where every penny goes! HA! td

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, I am not prepared to debate the interpretation by kiddrock33 or the possible support issued by TD. I am just not armed with a successful enough rate to argue against it's logic. HOWEVER, I do realize that signs are a visual adventure. I suppose they can be far far away or close enough to each other so that one goes unoticed.

As I mentioned mentioned before, the funny looking turtle/lizard/gila monster image, is about 8' above the heart but, not in the crack itself. It is positioned on a vertical overhang face. Looking at the heart shape takes the eyes into a crack that is about the same width all the way back until the walls meet. There is no human on earth than can fit into that space.

In this case I can agree with Thom in that one's eyes do need to go up and then one will see the image pointing to an area behind the viewer. As I was standing, looking, and photographing, it did not occur to me to follow the critter's line of sight. This is a realization I just came to with this reply. That lack of knowledge is why I record everything I see whenever I can.

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty said:
That is not my ducky, Mine is on the rim of the bath tub, Well I survived my heart attack ( 3rd ) all the stress test and now I have been having a bout with asthma not bad for 71 and still kickin, the dirty finger photo is a side view of a soft shell turtle without legs, and now I'm trying to figure out the name picasaw, perhaps I can find out on goggle.
Well, glad to see you survived Ernie. Are you sure your ducky is where you left it? I have seen interesting information about the general area around the drill hole I found. Not that it means anything yet. Summer is coming though.

I found picasaw in my signature.......http://[color=red]picasaw[/color]eb.google.com/blindintexas911

And here:http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/323717/picasaw/
picasaw0.jpg

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
it appears to be a backfilled cave there, thats why i would dig there, the heart was interesting mostly if it was wedged in and not resting on the other stones below it. matt

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some more ideas.

85 with daddy long legs.JPG

bear track with coin Merged.jpg

small head with hedgehog on top Merged.jpg

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ShSt. Heads. That opening is big enough to stand in. After that, one must go to hands and knees for entry. I had to lie on my side for pa picture of the cracked rock. I can't image what the eye would be pointing at. We worked our way back to the left looking for s/s. I did not have enough time to continue past the stone fence to the right. There was no outlet on the other side of the fence unless one climbed out. A useful, albeit impractical place to keep a horse. Maybe it was used to contain other critters. The cave could have been used for a place to sleep and not much more unless there is something buried beneath the floor.

CaveWithMarkers.JPG

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty said:
That is not my ducky, Mine is on the rim of the bath tub, Well I survived my heart attack ( 3rd ) all the stress test and now I have been having a bout with asthma not bad for 71 and still kickin, the dirty finger photo is a side view of a soft shell turtle without legs, and now I'm trying to figure out the name picasaw, perhaps I can find out on goggle.
Ernie, Glad that you are alright...I was worried cuz you hadnt returned my email....I never know which emails are going to make it back home or get intercepted while over here...Hang in there....You are a survivor...Steve

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
i think i would try 2 get inside that cave and c if anything is left 4 u. looks like king lookn left,at cross,hedge hog looks like smaller circle,big looks like pig or turtle head,a big stone with centr hollowed out,and a #7 on wall.

Attachments

• inside 2 edit.JPG
    inside 2 edit.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 324

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread