Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Mountain Man’s Defense of Individual Sovereignty Leaves Judge Speechless

November 23rd, 2013

(NaturalBlaze) - Ernie Tertelgte says he’s being wrongly prosecuted against “natural law” and the right to life for trying to feed himself. He was arrested on Monday and is accused of fishing without a license and resisting arrest. His defense of sovereignty is pretty epic.

Natural Living Man goes back . . . way back – to a time that demanded strict adherence to justice. He won’t kiss the robe, he won’t bow the knee. Ernie Wayne Tertelgte is a 52-year-old Manhattan, Montana man living under natural law.

This video shows the heated exchange between himself, acting as his own defender, and Three Forks City Judge, Wanda Drusch, from earlier this month. You will need to turn up the volume:

At one moment, he pointed to the courtroom flag and said:

That is the Jolly Roger, that thing you call the American flag with the gold fringe around it is the Jolly Roger, and you are acting as one of its privateers!

He was referencing the courtroom flag with gold fringe, a symbol of maritime law, meaning the practice of law outside the United States – arguably, the much bigger obstruction of justice. He schools the courtroom on Constitutional-bound law.

He told the judge “Do not tell me to shut-up!” The officer does not comply with her request to remove him from the court. When she finally needs to leave out of frustration – signaling an abrupt end to the hearing – he calls out:

No way – get back here and finish this! Hey, hey! Get back here and finish this!

Family and friends packed his court hearings to support him and the Constitution. Extra law enforcement were called into subsequent hearings for Tertelgte. Another judge has set his bond to $500 and another hearing is scheduled for January.

If you think, well, it’s just a fishing license, what’s the big deal? Watch the documentary America: Freedom to Fascism. This is just one example of hundreds of things we need to beg permission for – to be bridge tolled taxed, fined and charged in order to step forward. A life such as Tertelgte’s would demand a lot of integrity, and you can see that it left the judge flustered.

His arrest and appearance in court show how severe the punishment is for ever attempting to live outside the confines of government rule . . . over fishing. Some might argue, what good are you sitting in jail over a fishing license?

But then what does it mean if you are not entitled to feed yourself?

Last year, the Amish in Kentucky decided that they would not pay exorbitant tickets over bright orange buggy signs that violated their deeply held religious beliefs. Also concerned about safety, they had initially asked for grey reflectors. Paying the fines would mean admitting wrongdoing, a lie. After so many of them wound up in the courts and in jail, it became absurd – lawmakers got the hint.

What do you think of Ernie Tertelgte’s approach to justice?

Source:
Packed courtroom for Manhattan man accused of fishing without a license | KBZK.com | Z7 | Bozeman, Montana

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite interesting, it seems that the fellow is using the "sovereign citizen" stance often employed by those wishing to avoid paying taxes. As someone not trained in law, the arguments appear rather compelling, but the sad fact remains that 1 individual against the bureaucratic juggernaut doesn't stand much of a chance. Even if the individual defends himself from a seemingly unassailable position, acknowledgement of the righteousness of the position would be ruinous for the present power structure. Even if the individual is objectively correct, the enforcement arms of the system will compel compliance with the existing structure, or face serious punishment. Might makes right and the unnatural system gets to parasitize its victims another day.

I wish that there existed a rock-solid, logically sound and common-sense strategy to escape the shackles of the system, but when it comes down to it, those in power or those directly benefited by the power structure will stop at nothing to protect it. The Mafia was and is not protected under the aegis of moral authority, but they get what they want through force and coercion. The dynamic is scarcely different in regards to the Gov't vs. people. Allowing an individual to successfully resist would plant the seed that would eventually grow to destroy the system. They won't let it happen, not consciously anyway.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The problem with feeding yourself with public resources is that, before long, there won't be any resources. Obviously, there aren't anywhere close to enough deer, elk, etc, and fish, birds, etc to feed the public. If you allow it, soon there is no wildlife at all.
Jim

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Obviously, there aren't anywhere close to enough deer, elk, etc, and fish, birds, etc to feed the public. If you allow it, soon there is no wildlife at all.

I dont think 85% of the population would have a clue as on how to go about it.:laughing7:Drop them in the woods they'll be dead in a week,if that.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been saying for years,

If folks don't know how to hunt,fish,grow vegetables they are going to find it HARD!

God Bless

Chris

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uhh, the commons aren't the commons anymore. they belong to the moneyed elite and the corporations. as you know how it worked in Olde England, the commoners were not allowed any of the game or goodies.

welcome to capitalism gone wild.

what's that Native American saying? "when the last fish is caught and the last tree chopped down, the white man will find he cannot eat money" I think I have that wrong but the gist is the same.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
That "Jolly Roger" stuff would be funny if it weren't so sad. Who would possibly think gold fringe on a flag had any meaning at all? Other than being gold fringe on a flag, of course.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That "Jolly Roger" stuff would be funny if it weren't so sad. Who would possibly think gold fringe on a flag had any meaning at all? Other than being gold fringe on a flag, of course.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

According to an exeutive order signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1959, the gold-fringed flag (and, by extension, patch-sized replicas) are to be used exclusively by the armed forces.

My understanding is that the fringe indicates martial law or that the Constitution does not apply in that area. But I'm just going on memory there.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James cash:

I did not state you were right wing. I stated the whole gold-fringed flag nonsense is a far, far right wing nutz' myth.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James cash:

As Ronald Reagan remarked, the problem is so much of what you know simply isn't true.

• In United States v. Greenstreet, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas noted:
"Defendant Greenstreet's response to Plaintiff's motion for summary judgment identifies this Court as an 'Admiralty Court' without further discussing his allegation. If his reference is to be construed as a jurisdictional challenge, his motion is denied. Others have attempted to persuade the judiciary that fringe on an American flag denotes a court of admiralty. In light of the fact that this Court has such a flag in its courtroom, the issue is addressed. The concept behind the theory the proponent asserts is that if a courtroom is adorned with a flag which happens to be fringed around the edges, such decor indicates that the court is one of admiralty jurisdiction exclusively. To think that a fringed flag adorning the courtroom somehow limits this Court's jurisdiction is frivolous ... Unfortunately for Defendant Greenstreet, decor is not a determinant for jurisdiction."

Tax protester conspiracy arguments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About the Gold Fringe on the American Flag (ArmyStudyGuide.com)

Your turn - prove you're right. And please skip the President Eisenhower nonsense Chad was pushing above (I read Executive Order #10834).

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont think 85% of the population would have a clue as on how to go about it.:laughing7:Drop them in the woods they'll be dead in a week,if that.
You wouldn't get an argument out of me about that...LOL I doubt they'd last a week. But you still get my point.... there isn't enough wildlife to feed 5%.
Jim

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Try again,wiki and army study guide just dont cut it.:sign10:Dont bother with snopes either:laughing7:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James:

So far, you've put on the table a busted flush.

CAPITAL LETTERS! The Federal Reserve! Natural Man (why does he wear clothes?)! Dirt, water, woods speak!

No wonder that Judge was speechless. She doesn't have to deal much with crackpots.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never read about fringe on a flag in the Constitution

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
jeff-gordon:

It's right after the part where if they bring you to court and SPELL YOUR NAME IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS there's a double-secret provision to make it all go away. The income tax was repealed in 1954. Or was it '74? No need to pay those pesky taxes. IT'S ILLEGAL!

And, according to Mountain Man, once you register to vote you're no longer Natural Man.

Wasn't that a hit for Lou Rawls?

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread