Movado is there fakes

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up the other day was wondering if there's any fakes out there and how to tell if they are the stem is broking is it worth fixing or trying to sell the way it is thanks
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474302313.253919.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474302332.495467.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474302351.941332.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there are fakes but yours is genuine. You should be able to pick up a scam and crown fairly cheaply on eBay but if you don't want to hassle go ahead and sell it as is.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there are fakes but yours is genuine. You should be able to pick up a scam and crown fairly cheaply on eBay but if you don't want to hassle go ahead and sell it as is.

Thank you for the reply it's your Pacific way you can tell that it's fake that you know of for when I'm out looking for them and I do have another one laying around somewhere again thank you

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Just remember that the Chinese have faked everything. I bought a pair of Mont Blanc cufflinks at a garage sale for $5.00, in the box. You would swear the box is the real deal. The cufflinks were just somehow wrong. Hard to put your finger on it. A golf pro told me that the Chinese are even faking the high-end golf clubs.

Tip on watches, which sometimes work. Type the brand and serial number into google. Fakes will tend to use the same serial number over and over again. There is a specific website you can check for watches and serial numbers; can't remember of find it now.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the reply it's your Pacific way you can tell that it's fake that you know of for when I'm out looking for them and I do have another one laying around somewhere again thank you

The movement looks like the real deal. Fakes tend to have generic movements. That being said only a pro would know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread