Move over Mumzie........I am in your neck of the woods

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hubby and I are in West Central FL for a couple of weeks while we wait for our house up in CT to sell so we can move down here permanently. We hit a couple of beaches today, no gold, only clad and some junk. Found some pretty shells, a little critter crawled out of one of the......kinda small for an octopus!!! Water temp is 78*.........who said the water was cold?????? It sure beats an air temp of 28* this morning back in CT.

Attachments

• 11-01-10 021.jpg
    11-01-10 021.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 541
  • 11-01-10 029.jpg
    11-01-10 029.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 533
  • 11-01-10 042.jpg
    11-01-10 042.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 545
  • 11-01-10 047.jpg
    11-01-10 047.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 538
  • 11-01-10 032.jpg
    11-01-10 032.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 11-01-10 034.jpg
    11-01-10 034.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember you're in Florida.

Cold is when you have to turn the ceiling fans off.

OP
OP
Bobbie

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davest said:
just wait until you buy a house and the insurance people crawl out of their shells...... :help:

Already have the house..............would you believe that the insurance is actually cheaper here in FL than CT!! It was a shock to find out that insurance cost more in CT!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also say your car insurance is high in FL. Hope you enjoy living in FL......Matt

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobbie said:
davest said:
just wait until you buy a house and the insurance people crawl out of their shells...... :help:

Already have the house..............would you believe that the insurance is actually cheaper here in FL than CT!! It was a shock to find out that insurance cost more in CT!

you must not be very close to the beach?? sounds like your in sinkhole country?

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Thanks for the update Bobbie, been waiting to hear this news. Good luck up north. :thumbsup:
Right behind you two! :wink:

OP
OP
Bobbie

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chi Town Bruce said:
Thanks for the update Bobbie, been waiting to hear this news. Good luck up north. :thumbsup:
Right behind you two! :wink:

CT has the highest cost of living so everything here is more expensive plus they tax almost everything. Plus our weather is the crappiest!

We are inland a bit........out with the cows, horses and tomatoes but we do not get the humidity as bad as the gulf coast in the summer. Now is the time to buy......houses are CHEAP! The biggest difference between CT and FL is the pay scale....I will have to take at least a $6 an hour pay cut.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hope you get your house sold. Where are you exactly? I'm in Bradenton and would love to hunt with you sometime so let me know! You people don't know high car/home insurance till you live in PA!! I'm paying 1/2 as much in florida.

OP
OP
Bobbie

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
Hope you get your house sold. Where are you exactly? I'm in Bradenton and would love to hunt with you sometime so let me know! You people don't know high car/home insurance till you live in PA!! I'm paying 1/2 as much in florida.

We are out in the east country.......Myakka City. I would love to join up with you, but I have to leave on Sat. and get back to work. We will be back down again in a few months, as soon as I rack up some more vacation time.......or the company comes through with a transfer, which ever comes first.

I laugh when the locals moan and groan about high costs down here........go live in the northeast and see how fast your wallet gets emptied!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
mumszie said:
Welcome to Florida! I hope you have many MANY happy days hunting here. I look forward to meeting you one day.

I welcome you too to our state, may you all have many happy hunts here. :)

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hope you get to stay there Bobbie!! best luck with the sale!! Ya everything in Florida is CHEAP try living in MASS!!! TAX CAPITAL OF THE COUNTRY!! My cost for health insurance is going up to $900+ a month Dec 1st! never mind car ins. 6.25% sales tax...excise tax...on+on.

OP
OP
Bobbie

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEACH-HUNTER said:
Hope you get to stay there Bobbie!! best luck with the sale!! Ya everything in Florida is CHEAP try living in MASS!!! TAX CAPITAL OF THE COUNTRY!! My cost for health insurance is going up to $900+ a month Dec 1st! never mind car ins. 6.25% sales tax...excise tax...on+on.

Does MA tax SS income? CT does!! that should be against the law!......damn greedy politians!! We pay the highest health insurance premiums because of the area we live in.

geak

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure hope you released that harmless baby octopus back into the ocean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions