Moved next door to the plantation. Ready to hunt my new neighborhood.

May 28, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone. I have not posted or hunted in 2012.
If you don't know, yes, I am one of those fools who still believes in the hidden confederate gold cache legends, lol.

Y'all how about my friend bought us a house down in Selma, AL. Y'all......I am 2 doors down from the SMITH-QUARLES PLANTATION!!!!! I'm in the car FREAKING OUT!!!

https://www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/391320655105017312/

If you don't know, the story is that the general was also the banker and hid the banks gold in the columns of the plantation so it wouldn't get seized by the union.

Now....the legend is that there were several caches of gold hidden aroumd Selma. Specifically the caches that were not recovered were the Alabama River caches (in the event that Selma were to fall, that was the escape plan). 2 were buried somewhere along the river bank. 2 were being moved down river, 1 was recovered and the other went missing with a slave. The location of the other 2 have remained unknown because they killed the slave who had the cache they recovered. There was also a woman in the family who went "missing" along with a 2nd large cache of gold. They covered this up by saying she died but her grave is empty. It is unknown where she went.

Anyway....Im ready to get back in the game.

Oh....no treasure was found in our house, lol. It was built after reconstruction (1900) and the only thing of interest was the criminal case files (lawyer lived there) from the 40s: there was a lot of people being prosecuted for passing bad checks and illegal distilleries, and passing phoney scripts for drugs

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Man.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don’t care much for the image your name makes

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t care much for the image your name makes

Yea It don't sound good but I can live with it .
As long as he is not actually robbing graves , a messy job that would be + he might get buried together with a confederate hero after a baseball bat hit to the back of his head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread