Moving to Denver early july

sir_stillwater

Greenie
Jun 12, 2023
Hello all, I am relocating to the denver area around the beginning of july and was wondering if there's any places one can find free or cheap pans/shovels/panning gear? I simply don't have room for my shovel... I might be able to swing my gold pan and snuffer bottle but that's pushing it as my pack is already full and like every attachment spot has something on it. I'm sure greyhound will have a raised eyebrow or two when they see my pack xD (it's bigger than I am nearly)

Kind of a complicated move, due to small town politics and political affiliation I've been denied work for the past several months here... decided somewhere a bit more diversified would be best and I have had several job offers and many more places to apply to in Denver versus small town USA but I'm moving under less than ideal conditions, hence not being able to bring my prospecting stuff.

Not that I'm expecting to have a bunch of free time, but on the odd days off I wouldn't mind trying a few spots while the weather permits. I'm familiar with where the gold comes from in the area (castle rock formation) but as for access points and just getting around Denver I'm completely green. Any tips or spots to check out would be most welcome! (I have read Kevin's guides as well as familiarized myself with other common hotspots)

On the off chance I can't get a room at a shelter, any good spots for dispersed camping/free camping would be much appreciated. 🙂

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am relocating to the denver area around the beginning of july and was wondering if there's any places one can find free or cheap pans/shovels/panning gear? I simply don't have room for my shovel... I might be able to swing my gold pan and snuffer bottle but that's pushing it as my pack is already full and like every attachment spot has something on it. I'm sure greyhound will have a raised eyebrow or two when they see my pack xD (it's bigger than I am nearly)

Kind of a complicated move, due to small town politics and political affiliation I've been denied work for the past several months here... decided somewhere a bit more diversified would be best and I have had several job offers and many more places to apply to in Denver versus small town USA but I'm moving under less than ideal conditions, hence not being able to bring my prospecting stuff.

Not that I'm expecting to have a bunch of free time, but on the odd days off I wouldn't mind trying a few spots while the weather permits. I'm familiar with where the gold comes from in the area (castle rock formation) but as for access points and just getting around Denver I'm completely green. Any tips or spots to check out would be most welcome! (I have read Kevin's guides as well as familiarized myself with other common hotspots)

On the off chance I can't get a room at a shelter, any good spots for dispersed camping/free camping would be much appreciated. 🙂
You might add your request to the gold prospecting forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions