Moving your detector is more beneficial than going fast

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s obvious for most of you but many of us have this dam thing about going to fast, no patience, or nervous condition, slow the hell down folks. I like to always try to help people even in the smallest ways because we have to many not patient people who want rewarded quickly with little time and effort, well if ur one of them don’t going buying an expensive detector that u r going to want and sell. Look you can study maps oe detect randomly your finds will be mostly luck even if u r a so called expert which nobody is. This hobby can teach u much from history, to actually relaxing to it might be the one hobby that u can have fun and see the wonderful land u never knew existed being on foot. I’m not a story teller just stating it has a positive effect if u r willing to step back and leave this static stressful world behind u for a few hours. Ok good luck hunting and STAY PATIENT MY FRIENDS.

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
I like the guys that move the coil too fast, they are fun to search behind...

Actually, I constantly have to calm myself down. Get too focused and tend to go fast and get sloppy.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if you find something good, STOP, get a three way triangulation of mark it with a gps, and look for what else is there.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depending on the detector - sweep fast but advance slow. Some give better separation with a faster sweep, Especially DD coils.

And "fast" ids a relative term. Your "fast" may be my "way too fast" or my "not fast enough".

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt hillsides a lot, steep ones. Once I get into a spot I can stand without crashing and can swing I do that...stand and swing into all the nooks and crannies I can reach, then I move a bit and do it again. Surprisingly that works very well on flat surfaces too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread