Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered them both at same time i guess i figured it was on kellyCo (the newest site sponsor) thought it would be fine.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Well let's see, how do we gently criticize a sponsor?

I ordered an MPX from them. It was on eBay. It wouldn't beep on most passes on a coin I planted 3" deep unless I swept at about 8 feet per second! Then it would give ID as half dollar, the highest reading that is the detector's way of saying no idea what it is.

So I call them up & complain & they say "where do you live" & I say Minnesota. They said I should've talked to them before buying & they would've tiold me it wouldn't work in MN. We agreed to a refund minus shipping.

Kellyco has many knowledgeable people to speak to on the phone, some probably more knowledgeable than others. Many of their repeat customers have a favorite salesperson that they deal with, as they trust that person to steer them away from something that wouldn't be right for them or their ground.

Chinese detectors can be a gamble from any seller & probably a good idea to look at return privileges and warranty. HH, George (MN)

M

michigan michael

I have two Mpx detectors. Big brother to the Mp3. I bought them about the same time as well. Unless the coin is right on top of the ground, the id system is useless. The 50 cent signal goes off quite regularly. I am looking to getting my ace soon!

OP
OP
Nate in Ga

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so having the garrett ace 250 is good enough to take myself seriously out there i mean im running an old bounty hunter now and it just beeps if there is medel in the ground 3 inches deep and nothing above or beyond that now i know there are better detectors out there and way more expensive but is this garrett good enough quality for any hunt anywhere?

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I'd say you have a winner with the Ace 250. I've not heard anything but good things about it. Most people on here with one turn in some fantastic finds that rate with the higher priced models. Keep us informed with your progress once you get it and good luck!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ahve only heard and read good things about the ACE 250 is surpose to be a very decent machine.....Matt

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 250 is an awesome detector, we've only heard great things about it. I used it myself and found it to be quite user friendly.
As I said in my response on the Kellyco Question thread, if you're not happy with the MP series machine, contact us and we'll get it taken care of.
Happy hunting :)
Ms. Blaze

OP
OP
Nate in Ga

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all

M

michigan michael

I have heard from quite a few sources that the ace 250 has some difficulty in wet sand on the beach. That is the only bad thing I have heard. I always hear great things about the ACE 250. Way more good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions