apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of late, Mr. Apush has had all the luck (little that there is). I picked up 3 boxes of halves today. I always give Mr. Apush one of the boxes to keep him interested in the "craft." We sit out in our backyard screened-in-porch, and generally swim a bit--now that it is tad hot in Texas--then proceed to pop the tops off a few beers and go coin hunting. This happens every Thursday night. It's our "family time."

I search 2 boxes and Mr. Apush searches 1. Both of my boxes were skunks. It was highly depressing to say the least. >:(
I had looked forward all week--especially tonight as this was the last day of school--to pull a few silvers. Oh well, next time. But, low and behold,
Mr. Apush finds a few silvers and thinks he has conquered the world (yep, I let him think that ;D). He pulled 2-90% Kennedy's; 3-1967s; 1-1968D; 1-1969D, plus 1-2007P and 1-2009D (for good measure).

Not the standards as most here have on the net, but good for this old couple who love spending quality time together.

Mrs. Apush :read2:

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs. Apush , I've noticed you regularly pull the "old" card - now if I remember correctly you
are younger than my 52 years - and I don't yet refer to myself as old - I'm not sure you can
claim old age until you're about 80 years or so , but I realize this is a highly subjective topic.
I raise a glass to your good health (but not your advanced age - yet !) Godbless ,
Argentium. ( ps. may the silver goddess smile upon you ! )

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
apush said:
As of late, Mr. Apush has had all the luck (little that there is). I picked up 3 boxes of halves today. I always give Mr. Apush one of the boxes to keep him interested in the "craft." We sit out in our backyard screened-in-porch, and generally swim a bit--now that it is tad hot in Texas--then proceed to pop the tops off a few beers and go coin hunting. This happens every Thursday night. It's our "family time."

I search 2 boxes and Mr. Apush searches 1. Both of my boxes were skunks. It was highly depressing to say the least. >:(
I had looked forward all week--especially tonight as this was the last day of school--to pull a few silvers. Oh well, next time. But, low and behold,
Mr. Apush finds a few silvers and thinks he has conquered the world (yep, I let him think that ;D). He pulled 2-90% Kennedy's; 3-1967s; 1-1968D; 1-1969D, plus 1-2007P and 1-2009D (for good measure).

Not the standards as most here have on the net, but good for this old couple who love spending quality time together.

Mrs. Apush :read2:

Okay here's the plan. Since Mr.Apush obviously has the "silver thumb"let him search the halves and you pick up a box of pennies. Don't let him touch that Penny box though,he might pull a dozen IH's.
I'm not superstitious but when my granddaughter is around she always asks me,"Papa, do you want me to give you a kiss for good luck"? Works every time.
Good Score Mr.Apush :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Argentium said:
Mrs. Apush , I've noticed you regularly pull the "old" card - now if I remember correctly you
are younger than my 52 years - and I don't yet refer to myself as old - I'm not sure you can
claim old age until you're about 80 years or so , but I realize this is a highly subjective topic.
I raise a glass to your good health (but not your advanced age - yet !) Godbless ,
Argentium. ( ps. may the silver goddess smile upon you ! )

Apush,
I noticed the same thing " the old card". You are not even old enough to remember spending a 90%er.
You know it's funny,I don't realize how old I am,until I catch my reflection in the mirror. No matter how cleverly I sneak up on that thing,I always find my father staring back at me. :icon_scratch:
Best,
Rich

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's nice you let him search the good boxes. Friend of mine does the same with his better half. She always get gets the good boxes.
HH
Gilbert

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess being in the education business adds a few "dog years" on an individual :laughing7:.

I might retire from the public school system at 55, then go to work as a bank teller. :laughing9:.

And yes, Mr. Hartford, guess I need some hugs and kisses from my granddaughter--that out to do the trick!

apush :read2:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
too bad ur boxes were skunks...but his was actually pretty good, u should talk him into letting u keep what he finds in his box(es) if u havent already! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread