Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Mr. OCTO#@!$%#@! (+ 2 pictures....)

I'm waiting for you to open a toy store, Bob. :) Nice finds...have you added up all the money you've found? I would be interested to know...it adds up. Did you censor your own post subject, or did you use a naughty word that Jeff had to scrub (as in the James Bond movie)?

HH!
TBGO

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

BOB, Nice Haul As Always, Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 326
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 125.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 319
OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006

The Beep Goes On said:
I'm waiting for you to open a toy store, Bob. :) Nice finds...have you added up all the money you've found? I would be interested to know...it adds up. Did you censor your own post subject, or did you use a naughty word that Jeff had to scrub (as in the James Bond movie)?

HH!
TBGO

Hahahaha, I didn't censor my own post, I just used that title of that James Bond Movie. Never saw it as a bad word, lol !!!
Well, maybe it well get some extra attention, now !

Thanks for your reaction, TBGO !

(I forgot to make notes about all the Euros. I think I would have an average of 1.50 an hour, but of course, I have no idea of how many hours I was hunting....)

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice octopus, i would like a blueone. and a crab to go with it.

tinpan

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006

diamondjim said:
Man what have you got your discriminate set on? Have you got a notch on that thing below "iron" to get all those cool toys?

Keep up the great work :-) It all adds up! Have enough for a new car soon, or at least a new detector.

Hahaha,

No, no discrimination at all. But the plastic things are mostly "seen", lying on the sand. But I DIG that octopussy since it was in the sand with some metal stuff, diamondjim !

BOB VALDEZ ;)

Ray-King

Hiya Bob,
Well done on ALL your finds. I love to read your posts and they are so much fun, and you are certainly finding some unusual stuff there.
By the way, i'm Hot on your tail with the Euro coins. In just about 6 weeks, i've found ?40.20 and i've kept the lot.!!
I won't be spending any of it until i have enough for a NEW detector, but the way you and I are going, we should have one in no time..... I HOPE.!!
Anyway Bob, All the very best of luck to you and i hope you keep bringing in loads more great finds too.
By the way,...... How many toy soldiers have you found now.???? you must have a SMALL army by now eh.?? hehehe
Take care and happy hunting you you too.
Ray King.
P.S.
If you wanna clean up those Euros then i use a tablespoon of Table salt and enough DISTILLED vinegar to cover the coins well. Just make sure the salt is disolved well. Leave for about an hour then use a plastic scouring pad to scrub them clean. It works a treat for mine.

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006

treasures4me2find said:
Congrats on your great finds, do you detect at Toys R Us or the beach. Man you find a lot of toys. WTG

Ken

Find a few more, today, treasures4me2find. A picture or a few pictures will be posted later today !

Thank you for your reaction...

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006

Ray-King said:
Hiya Bob,
Well done on ALL your finds. I love to read your posts and they are so much fun, and you are certainly finding some unusual stuff there.
By the way, i'm Hot on your tail with the Euro coins. In just about 6 weeks, i've found ?40.20 and i've kept the lot.!!
I won't be spending any of it until i have enough for a NEW detector, but the way you and I are going, we should have one in no time..... I HOPE.!!
Anyway Bob, All the very best of luck to you and i hope you keep bringing in loads more great finds too.
By the way,...... How many toy soldiers have you found now.???? you must have a SMALL army by now eh.?? hehehe
Take care and happy hunting you you too.
Ray King.
P.S.
If you wanna clean up those Euros then i use a tablespoon of Table salt and enough DISTILLED vinegar to cover the coins well. Just make sure the salt is disolved well. Leave for about an hour then use a plastic scouring pad to scrub them clean. It works a treat for mine.

Hahaha, Ray !

I found a few more today = ONE soldier, a helicoper (it was shot down, I guess, you'll discover it soon, woehahahaha), a car-after-an-accident and... 2-3 Euros only. Our winter has been very very long and I really feel most of the coins are found, now. And I almost found as much in Belgian francs as in Euros, too. I really should check if I can bring them in, somewhere, 'cause those old Belgian coins are REALLY adding up. Besides, I keep digging like for ever, for those, snif !! :'( :'( :'(

Greetings from Belgium. I just returned from the beach, now. Take care !

BOB VALDEZ

Ray-King

Hiya Bob,
I was out on the beach today too and found another ?4.40 and also a nice solid Silver Gents braclet too.
I'm just cleaning it now so will post photos later.
Glad your'e still finding toys, this Forum wouldn't be the same without you and your soldiers.!!! hehehe
Take care and good luck.
All the very best to you and happy hunting too.
Ray.

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006

Ray-King said:
Hiya Bob,
I was out on the beach today too and found another ?4.40 and also a nice solid Silver Gents braclet too.
I'm just cleaning it now so will post photos later.
Glad your'e still finding toys, this Forum wouldn't be the same without you and your soldiers.!!! hehehe
Take care and good luck.
All the very best to you and happy hunting too.
Ray.

Hello Ray,
I envy you for the weather and for all the rest, down there on Tenerife !

Next month we are flying with 4 of us to Madrid. Hired a car so that we can "go west" to Extremadura to do some bird watching, there. Was in Asturias, couple of months ago. Well, the inland of Span is really GREAT. And NO, I am def. NOT taking a detector with me :D :D !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

Ray-King

Hiya Bob,
Well i hope you have a great time in Spain and have fun with the birds too.!! Is it the Feathered type or other.???? hehehe
Have a good one anyway.
By the way,
I think that someone is watching where you go detecting and goes out and buys a big bag of toy soldiers and scatters them over where you go, for you to find.!!! MAYBE.?????? hehehe
All the very best to you and if you ever get the chance to visit Tenerife, you are always welcome to join me MDing on the beaches. THE NON NUDE ONES that is.!!! hehehe
Take care and have fun,
Ray.

L

La Panza kid

I like those coins nice find!!!

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006

Ray-King said:
Hiya Bob,
Well i hope you have a great time in Spain and have fun with the birds too.!! Is it the Feathered type or other.???? hehehe
Have a good one anyway.
By the way,
I think that someone is watching where you go detecting and goes out and buys a big bag of toy soldiers and scatters them over where you go, for you to find.!!! MAYBE.?????? hehehe
All the very best to you and if you ever get the chance to visit Tenerife, you are always welcome to join me MDing on the beaches. THE NON NUDE ONES that is.!!! hehehe
Take care and have fun,
Ray.

I am (= WE are) certainly going for watching los aves, los pajeros, Ray. Have been there before and it will be great. Heard it was already 30?C there. Time for me to go, or it is too hot !!

Bye for now, Ray !

BOB VALDEZ, still in Belgium for about a month...

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Pretty cool looking critters you found, along with the rest. My dogs love the toys, so I keep a basket especially for the plastic ones I find on the beaches. The Octo is really eye popping bright, could we use that things as a fishing lure? lol

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006

Charlene said:
Pretty cool looking critters you found, along with the rest. My dogs love the toys, so I keep a basket especially for the plastic ones I find on the beaches. The Octo is really eye popping bright, could we use that things as a fishing lure? lol

Good idea... A pity I don't have a dog, he/she would have loved that octopus, Charlene !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread