beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, I will not be making any more comments about how warm it is here in NC and rubbing it in to Vino and those other Yankees stuck inside for the winter. We got a taste of it down here and it is HORRIBLE. I couldn't get out for three days due to snow and very cold temperatures. The forecast yesterday called for it to be above 30 degrees so I had to give it a go. Just about everywhere I went I encountered snow, or ice, or frozen ground, or a combination of the three. To make matters worse about 2pm the temperature started to drop and the wind picked up. I was pretty darn near calling it a day when out pops Mr. Roosevelt. Hard to describe how uplifting it is on a day like yesterday to find a piddly little Rosie. But I was beaming. Silver coin #11 for the year.

Thanks for looking. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy the race if you're a NASCAR fan.

46 rosie.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank God for Roosevelt!! Lol.
And no worries, sping is right around the corner. .And no im not into Nascar. .
Go fast turn left..lol

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank God for Roosevelt!! Lol.
And no worries, sping is right around the corner. .And no im not into Nascar. .
Go fast turn left..lol

You go out in similar conditions and dig a lead cloth seal and capped bust dime AND coppers. I find a Rosie and am on top of the world!

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little silver can go along way to make a day. Didn't get the ice as bad in the east side of Meck. Co. but the ground froze up down to 2". Weather next week should be better temp. wise. I too chose to stay in last week. Killing me too. I've gotten a new MD and 2 new sites and can't dig till owners say ground is OK. Don't expect a lot just old from these sites. HH JR

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the cold has reached far south I got a call from my sister who lives in Florida telling me she's cold I said I think your doing better then us at 24 below O... Nice silver bud...

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad beez!, such a great feeling to think a hunt is shot and that glimmer of silver saves the day!

Great hunt!

Stay warm (sarcasm intended, lol)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a pretty sight i'm sure, especially on a miserable day

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver!!

Sure glad you don't live much further north if a couple days of snow and gold bother you. Lol

Btw- it's in the low 40's here today, feels like Summer.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was the same for me on the last silver dime I dug. Our weather is a pain in the butt. It is freezing one day and then raining torrents the next. The ground thaws and then we are getting freezing rain and ice about as quickly. We don't get just snow around here, but ice and sleet every time. I wished we would get snow only.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find! A little silver will always pickup your mood!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the silver. I was excited this afternoon just to see grass on the edges of yards and actual leaves on the ground on embankments and southerly facing hillsides!

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be thrilled to dig a Roosie ! I heard our ground is frozen to a depth of 21 inches. I won't be digging until July !

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be thrilled to dig a Roosie ! I heard our ground is frozen to a depth of 21 inches. I won't be digging until July !

Holy crap!, good thing we only need the top 6-10" to thaw right? :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions