🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night my wife and I went to a local bar for some drinks and dinner and I noticed the home next door had what looked like a real nice yard. Well I went to ask permission today and the lady said sure why not. I told her my name and asked hers and she says "well whats that matter anyway?" Kinda caught me offgaurd a little. That was the beginning of the most strange/stressfull hour hunt ive ever done lol. So she watched me scan the yard and every beep she said things like "thats a pipe, thats a wire, thats a terracotta pipe" thats my septic, and i mean EVERY tone she was saying something. Needless to say she was wrong on about 99 percent of the tones, because I dug some half decent targets, but bailed early because she was driving me bonkers. I managed the odds and ends you see in this pic: 130825_0007.jpg and 7 wheats (including one right on the surface) and a 1942 washington quarter! my 20th silver coin and 26th silver item overall this year!!:headbang: Also some antique car token and a little clad. 130825_0011.jpg wash.jpg Right before i left she brings out a busted desktop fan and said she thinks there is some metal on there that I can use, so after that I figured her out. She thought I was metal detecting her yard to find scrap metal for salvage.:icon_scratch: Dont get me wrong, i was grateful for the permission, but wow.......... Thanks for looking and HH!!

Upvote 2

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't use earphones? Makes it easier to "concentrate" sometimes. ;)

Nice finds!
HH!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds!
HH!

Oh absolutely, I always wear them,I had em on then but the tones were so loud she was able to hear them and chimed in on each and every one lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the fact that people will insist on talking to you while you have headphones on whether you can hear them or not and then if you don't respond it makes you feel like you're being rude: one of my big pet peeves.

Nice finds!
HH!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the fact that people will insist on talking to you while you have headphones on whether you can hear them or not and then if you don't respond it makes you feel like you're being rude: one of my big pet peeves.

Ever walk up to a golfer and "politely" tell him his grip would be better if..... LOL

I ALWAYS go out of my way to converse with anyone who wishes to, even pains. But, there are times when I'm concentrating and will not respond until I am good and ready. If THAT is any ruder than interrupting someone else just because one wants to, then, so be it. Another peeve is when someone panicking about a lost ring and runs up to you and just grabs your arm, demanding that you go, right now, to help them. LOL :dontknow: life! :)

HH!

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there were some pretty good pickings, even with the lady calling every beep wrong. Congrats on the finds, and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread