MRE Meals Any of you buying these or Freeze Dried Foods?

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what color is the package if dark brown throw them out, light tan still good for 20 yrs

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nsdq said:
what color is the package if dark brown throw them out, light tan still good for 20 yrs

They are all light tan. How does their taste compare to Freeze Dried Foods being sold currently? Any special brands of FDried food to look for?

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
billjustbill said:
nsdq said:

They are all light tan. How does their taste compare to Freeze Dried Foods being sold currently? Any special brands of Dried food to look for?

they are not dried, preserved, i know nothing of freeze dried stuff, the Tabasco sauce is what you need to make taste good,,, but eatin them for a year in Iraq 3 times a day, i wont touch them again,, if have the country capt chick i will say it will make you gag ,, just my thoughts, you should try each meal in there find the ones you like and go to mil surplus store and get the one you want

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They give them out here after hurricanes. Helluva lot better than the old c-rations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread