Mrytle beach

jsturg

Mar 18, 2005
Eldersburg, MD
Detector(s) used
Brain
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Umm...Free - you don't look old enough to have been drinking in 1982! :)

Myrtle Beach should be good in the peak season. Crowds are plentiful. I vacation there at least once a year but have never detected there. I don't think they comb the sand at night so you should do well there.

Jeff

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any beach, where you see people, is a good area. You will find mostly clad and jewelry but you never know. If it is not cleaned or combed even better. Good luck to you.

Michael in SC

May 16, 2005
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
My mom lives in MB. Contact me when you get there and I'll drive up and you can teach me some stuff! ;D

It's only about a 2 1/2 hour trip for me and besides that, it's always good to visit your mom.

Michael in SC

TOWcritter

Hey Mike, have you ever gone Md'ing on Hilton Head? I'll be down ther 28th of May till the 4th of June. I'm taking the MXT and plan on using it hard. I'm still pretty much a newbie but I know my detector pretty well now. Give me a yell.

Michael in SC

May 16, 2005
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
Tow,

I've been detecting for a grand total of three days now (this time, used to go with my grandfather years ago) so no, I've never been to Hilton Head. I'd be willing to though.

Let me know,
Michael

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
If you take your detector hunt at night and at low tide in front of the biggest buildings and most crowded places you can find. Good Luck and post some pictures of what you find.

TOWcritter

Got my locations already pinpointed. The same time share people have shown up for the last 10 years I've been going. And there's always someone losing a ring or diamond or something. I plan on hitting the beach at 7:00 am till about 9:00, and 5:00 pm till 7:00. I have a better chance that way.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Me and my detecting buddies from work went last year for a day. Left here at 6am, was on the beach at 9:30, stopped for lunch around 1pm, and finally left around 4:30. My total finds = 46 cents in clad ::) and a ton of pulltabs and malt liquor bull caps....1 of those even had the bottle attached and still in the paper bag ;D

We looked the beach in between the Pavillion and the next pier to the south...SpringMaid? It was in the late fall/early winter...so I guess thats why there wasnt much to be found. It was fun though.

Watch out for the bums......they'll pester you for beer money....and you know what that means.....more pulltabs and bottle caps ;D I had one guy tell me he hadnt eat in 3 days and sure was hungry. We were about to stop for lunch so I said come on up to the pier and we would buy him a hotdog or burger....and of course he passed on the invite. Must not have been too hungry. ::)

submerged

May 20, 2005
Fishkill N.Y.
Ive live in MB for years the best hunting is at low tide and hunting at waist deep I have done the beach at all high and low water lines always change and an occasional ring but majority of my finds are in the water the reason is wave action I tied a ring to a mono filiment line 50' long and let the waves at it. at low tide it was chest deep not once but 3 different times and places. Go in front of the biggest hotels to increase your odds. Stop by the civil war store in MB and talk to (OB) OBrian and look at his finds he has hunted there forever also go to the gun shop/range in Socastee going south on 17 just after the Air Force Base on the left he has a treasure trove of cival war finds beyond your wildest dreams worth the 10 min drive. Good luck Eddie

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I live here in Myrtle Beach and always welcome other forum members to hunt with me. Send me an email and let me know when your going to be hunting. I'll hook up with you and give you my thoughts and found tricks about hunting here.
They "do" comb the beach every night to clean them. I'd like to find out where they dump the sand they pick up! That's where I'd like to hunt.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread