Mudlarking After Work Tonite And My Clad Totals So Far This Week..............

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
ml1.jpg

"A mudlark is someone who scavenges in river mud for items of value, a term used especially to describe those who scavenged this way in London during the late 18th and 19th centuries."

What you can find Mudlarking on the Thames Foreshore in London

I first read about mudlarking a few years back where people in the UK would search/detect the banks of the Thames River, and find old Roman coins and jewelry. Well.....we have a nice river winding through Edmonton, so I tried my luck at a couple of places. I did find some coins. The oldest in the 50's, and a cool vintage sports medallion. It was fun and something I have not done before.

I buy a gold coin each year with my clad, so I really do like to get lots of it. Below are my totals so far this week from hunts after work. The AT MAX is a great coin shooter, as are the other two AT Machines. That little gold bell rang like a coin in the 80's.. The MAX is a very sensitive metal detector. I was running it at about 5/8 bars.

ml2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions