mug shots

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 680

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got to love street tear outs! ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome BK, looks like a great site

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice work BK,Missed the chance in my town for the same kind of hunt.Glad to see the MUG to match the name.HH

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
8) very nice finds post some pics of your finds. looks like some nice ones great huntin

S

SASQUASH

Hay now that is a good Idea. ho did you talk to to get in there. SASQUASH

OP
OP
bk

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SASQUASH.
I received permission from the construction forman, the town council, and the local police even allowed us to to hunt in the overnight hours. (Most of the stores kept the lights on overnight so it was light enough to actually detect all night).
A group of detectorists and I presented the town a framed display of some of the coins and artifacts that were found.
I was invited to speak at the Rotary club about what was found after the project was completed. The local newspaper later did a very favorable front page article. Even got a personal thank you from the mayor.
All the townspeople were very friendly. Many asked "did you find a gold coin yet"? Unfortunately I did not, but I did find over 200 coins there. The newest one was 1892. I was also invited to detect several private yards of the store owners after my talk at the Rotary club.
In one yard I found my first seated liberty 1/2 dime.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
BK, that's gotta be one of the best stories I've read here. Glad you're putting a positive light out there. HH and keep us posted. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread