Multi-frequency Coil

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That plan sounds perfect, Gary. Hope I can get up your way this spring/summer. Will be in touch.

The Equinox does not obsolete the Deus and the Deus is not an Equinox. Equinox and Deus HF will be the core of my arsenal. With the GPX for hard core, deep mineralized relic hunting.

It's been a little bit since talking V, had a bad winter here in NY but starting to get back out again. I have heard some good things about the NOX800 but nothing that makes me want to pick up a new machine when the Deus is still pulling amazing targets from the ground. If XP can find a way to run multi-freq's with the Deus I will buy stock in XP lol.. If your making your way north hit me up been saving some sweet permissions for better weather this year...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a little bit since talking V, had a bad winter here in NY but starting to get back out again. I have heard some good things about the NOX800 but nothing that makes me want to pick up a new machine when the Deus is still pulling amazing targets from the ground. If XP can find a way to run multi-freq's with the Deus I will buy stock in XP lol.. If your making your way north hit me up been saving some sweet permissions for better weather this year...

Sounds good, Austin. Will do if I make it up north. Thanks. Now get thawed and get hunting, want you to post some keepers!

I always say if it aint broke, don’t fix it. Equinox is great, but I had some specific reasons for buying in to it, primarily wet beach hunting where the Deus lags in performance, but Equinox is proving to be a great all around machine. That being said, I don't think all Deus owners need to jump on the Equinox bandwagon, and I personally don't advocate getting rid of the Deus for an Equinox unless all you do is salt water surf and wet beach hunting, in which case Deus should not have been your machine of choice in the first place.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Anderson coming out with a cf rod for the eq....I posted them for the specs have not heard back yet....it will be lighter but I need it to compact smaller than the stock rod for me to buy one. but it could just tip the weight differentences between the deus and the eq....

1429-0837cf_1f.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multi Frequency? Let me tell you about multi frequency in real life. First, absolutely nothing wrong with it. It will be great in salt water, BUT, if you seriously think it will make all other machines obsolete, well, go see your doctor for some help. Here's my case in point.

I had a group of tnetters and some very, very serious detecting folks up to my farm last weekend. The place has been disced and the farmer is ready to plow it. We were there almost six hours. Vefrrari calls it the "diggers amusement park" as there are a lot of relics there! A lot of the items are on two high spots on the farm. The high spots are 1/4 mile apart with a "swayle", dip, in the middle of the field.

Well, I figured I'd let my guests hit the proven areas, I figured they'd get something there. They did. I tried a new area of the farm looking for more hot spots. They were using an Equinox 800, a White' V3i and a Minelab CTX 3030. These machines are not slouches and the diggers know what they're doing.

I was up last night at the site delivering a load of gourmet ice cream to the owners. Things like that are very important! It was a couple hours till dark so I decided, all dressed up for work to take my Deus for a spin in the part of the field they had hammered. I could see exactly where they had been digging and wanted to know if they missed something. Missed something? Like missed everything! I was walking right next to their filled holes and footprints and found a LOT of minie balls, a few buttons, a silver "thingie" that looks like a pull tab but isn't, knapsack pieces, several very old brass grommets, two buckles, good grief I thought they had their machines turned on! I'll post the stuff when I get some pics. As I've always said, it's the USER not the MACHINE that makes the difference. I was there a little less than 1 hour. It was pretty hot.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multi Frequency? Let me tell you about multi frequency in real life. First, absolutely nothing wrong with it. It will be great in salt water, BUT, if you seriously think it will make all other machines obsolete, well, go see your doctor for some help. Here's my case in point.

I had a group of tnetters and some very, very serious detecting folks up to my farm last weekend. The place has been disced and the farmer is ready to plow it. We were there almost six hours. Vefrrari calls it the "diggers amusement park" as there are a lot of relics there! A lot of the items are on two high spots on the farm. The high spots are 1/4 mile apart with a "swayle", dip, in the middle of the field.

Well, I figured I'd let my guests hit the proven areas, I figured they'd get something there. They did. I tried a new area of the farm looking for more hot spots. They were using an Equinox 800, a White' V3i and a Minelab CTX 3030. These machines are not slouches and the diggers know what they're doing.

I was up last night at the site delivering a load of gourmet ice cream to the owners. Things like that are very important! It was a couple hours till dark so I decided, all dressed up for work to take my Deus for a spin in the part of the field they had hammered. I could see exactly where they had been digging and wanted to know if they missed something. Missed something? Like missed everything! I was walking right next to their filled holes and footprints and found a LOT of minie balls, a few buttons, a silver "thingie" that looks like a pull tab but isn't, knapsack pieces, several very old brass grommets, two buckles, good grief I thought they had their machines turned on! I'll post the stuff when I get some pics. As I've always said, it's the USER not the MACHINE that makes the difference. I was there a little less than 1 hour. It was pretty hot.

Smokey, its rude to take all the goodies from the primary permission holder so we always leave some keepers behind for you to taunt us with. Lol.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Yeah, it's the user and the machine. I'm very good with the Deus and if I was as good with the Nox I know the Nox would do better nearly every time.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all tend to walk in circles while detecting. At least I do. As I've always said, miss it by an inch, miss it by a mile. It is nice to go out with other folks too, especially when everybody finds something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread