murphys law at its finest!!!

Smalls

Jan 10, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
so, this past year, i've been going to school full time to change careers. while doing this, i worked full time. i was busting out 14 hour days, 7 days a week. needless to say, i didn't get to swing any detectors the entire time. last week, i finally graduated!! Today was my first day of freedom. i woke up early to head out to a hot spot in chest deep water. i swam all the way out, and when i tried to turn on my excal ii, i noticed my disc/pinpoint knob cap was missing. i turned on the detector, and even with the threshold at its highest, with the volume cranked, i could barely hear the buzzing. i turned around and swam back to shore. shortly after, i inspected my knobs to find that the clear plastic underneath the threshold and disc/pinpoint knobs is cracked!!!! UGHHHH!!!!!!! I contacted minelab, and am waiting to hear back. Has anyone ever encountered this, or can anyone shed some advice as to what i'm looking at to get her fixed up??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Smalls

Jan 10, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Primary Interest:
Unfortunately, no. I contacted minelab and WOW, excellent customer service. I just sent them my detector. We'll see what the bill is gonna be in a couple days. Really not looking forward to it :/

OP
OP
S

Smalls

Jan 10, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Primary Interest:
thanks guys! i finally heard back from minelab. to repair everything and send it back, it cost me a whopping $110!!!! i'm so pleased!! now i just cant WAIT to get back in the water!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread