Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, It all started out really bad the other day when I left my CZ-21 at my house and went over to a lady friends house that was near a resort beach that I wanted to dive to look for some gold,
Ended up going in the morning and just dry sanding with my AT-Pro and be done with it, did ok with about $12 worth of yen in a hour and and half.
Went back to old girls apartment and we decided to go back that night. I wanted to get her started on hunting with the new F-44 I bought for her because its so light.
So we get there and we hit the beach with our headlights going. I go turn her machine on and started to show her how it works and that you have to keep swinging it, keep it flat etc..etc...I have number labels tapped on the machine to show her the coin numbers.
She starts out and hits her first target, but the numbers were not coin numbers and she said is this no good and I said at the beach if you have a good solid number of anything you need to dig it because it may be gold....so I go down and pull out a little sand to show her what was in the hole and I see a rim of gold....OMG....I have been gold dry for some time now and she gets her first target as gold ring....Just goes to show you....First time luck, Murphy's law or just Karma. I think I will keep her close because the last gold I got in the water she was with me.

Thanks for listening....Good Hunting...... The F-44 is a great light machine for the price and was very stable in the sand.
IMG_0182.JPG IMG_0181.JPG โ€‹

Upvote 15

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and story. So is she now hooked on metal detecting? The experience doesn't get much better than that!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL, hope she is hooked. Great story!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if she will keep going, Japanese are kind of funny toward the hobby and she thinks the F-44 is still too heavy...ha..ha, but she likes going with me"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the gold ring!

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any markings on the ring? Nice finds

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to the lady and Great story!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Isn't that always the way! Noobie luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread