Musket ball found in an old hay field

Slats

May 10, 2012
Mustang, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 w/10" Elliptical Coil, Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Gator Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went hunting with a buddy at an old farm over the weekend and found some interesting items. Hit an old horseshoe in a plowed garden that was right on top. F70 went into overload on that one. About an hour later I was searching the hay field when I hit a signal at about 5" that was fluttering between a 45 and 65. If it hadn't been for the depth, I would've walked away, but something compelled me to dig. I about crapped twice and fell back in it when the musket ball popped out! About another hour went by and I had gone back to searching the hay field again when I hit a 80-90 signal at 8". Hoping I was digging an old quarter I was excited, since I haven't found anything under a clad yet. Much to my amazement, an old large pocket knife is what I got for my efforts. I was over the moon on that one too!
DSC00460.JPG DSC00461.JPG DSC00462.JPG 20131012_112415_resized.jpg 20131012_112421_resized.jpg

Upvote 0

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.And most of all if your are excited thats a good thing.HH.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that it may be a old BSA pocket knife. I believe that it would have a shield or emblem on one side of the scales.

Those musket balls show up in the strangest places sometimes. I have found some in areas that were not considered very old.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff right there. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread