• Musket Plate.JPG
    Musket Plate.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 768
  • Musket Plate Drawing.JPG
    Musket Plate Drawing.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 0
Possibly... Regt., Rack #, gun #.

I can't confirm but have been told in the past you needed 3 numbers to be Regt. marked, so I hope that is the case. I have one showing in a magazine and the top number is the unit, great find regardless of what you find out.

I hope someone comes up with what all 3 numbers represent. IF the top number 5 is Regiment, than being it was found in NY state there is a strong possibility it was associated with the British 5th Regiment of Foot. But that is just associating the fact there is a 5 on it and that the 5th was in America and Canada for many years, starting in 1774. Very interesting find.

Don

Very interesting, Nice find.

That seems close enough to confirmation for me. Very good and rare find!

That is one Fantastic piece of brass.

Well done! And great ID work, everybody.

-Buckles

That is an interesting find. Way to go! :thumbsup:

The only plate I have found is from some stupid bicycle ;D

An awesome piece for any relichunter's collection.....Congratulation's on a sweet find :thumbsup:

Heck of a find there Barry !!!!! :headbang: :blob9: :headbang:

We'll need to research more into it , and I'm going to ask Charlie if he would'nt mind cutting the whole field. There must be more great finds there :thumbsup:

OH and a few gallons of 100% deet :whip2:

Later....

Derek :icon_study:

Now that is what I would like to find. Can you imagine when that person lost it. Who was he and what was he like. You are connected to him because you touched it next. Wow!!!

Burdie

Nice Butt Plate. I have never seen one that ornate before! :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back