...MUSKY USERS.....ANY TIPS??

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....I had one before....in a moment of weakness.....I SOLD IT......I MISSED IT .....SO I BOUGHT A MINELAB MUSKETEER COLT..........LOL.......it came with the 8 inch coil......I never sold my SlimLine 10 inch coil so I was thinking of using it instead but the 8 inch coil feels so liteweight ...so at least for now I will just use it with the stock 8 inch coil......I really feel that this detector is a big pack of dynamite in a very small package....it is definitely a SLEEPER....it quietly finds all of the Goodies...NOT MUCH TALK ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT EITHER................Now that Minelab has decided to discontinue it ....watch the demand for this detector ...GO UP.....I like to hunt an old school yard that also was a Football practisefield and band practise field.....it has been hunted hard by me...LOL......I plan on taking the Musky there Sunday......Joe

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I also have a Musketeer and really like it although it is not my only detector.
There is not much you can do wrong as far as setup or hunting methods....
It can be swung fast or slow and even with high disc. settings, you will not lose depth.
I usually always ground balance mine rather than leave in "fixed" mode unless I am just fooling around at a school site or playground.
These detector do well in highly mineralized soil, but the only thing I have found is that mine loves the old crown caps, so I usually try not to use it in areas that has many of these.
Some say you can tell the caps by swinging very fast over the signal and it usually breaks up whereas a coin will still give a good signal.
I have found coins in areas that have been searched alot with other detectors and yet the Musketeer can still turn them up.
Good luck,
Felix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread