MX Sport Friday and Sunday hunts

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Friday was a cold ( low 20s with wind chill) short hunt at a city park. Sunday was at a schoolyard. The "Jesus First" pin was down around 7" ( 3-4" of grass/ soil and 3" of small gravel) behind the schoolyard. I was hunting with sensitivity only on 4! Even as small as it was, it came in loud and clear but was hard to see while digging/pinpointing. The AAA pin was also found in the same schoolyard. The Clad was from both locations. Three of the nickels were early 1960's; too bad the quarters and dimes weren't. I am really loving this MX Sport. Even for its size, that stock 10 inch coil really separates targets great and combined with using 8 tones, it tells you what is there.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 6
OP
OP
ZR2guy

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's good that you got out.
Winter , she's a coming.
Congratulations on your finds.

If I can hunt through November, I feel pretty good. Some years I have hunted into December but after a good week of temps not getting above freezing, even during daylight hours, the ground becomes concrete and I switch gears to other hobbies that are indoors. So, hunting into December means I only have 3, maybe 4 months until the ground is soft enough again to dig down for good targets. And yes you are correct, winter's a coming whether we want it to or not.:clock:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and always good to get out when it starts getting cold. The weather looks like it is bouncing between 30's and 50's here over the next week so I guess that Fall is still trying to keep the full cold at bay but not much longer. Grab all the hunt days you can and Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread