MXT and gold rings

OP
OP
J

jrcjrc

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2012
Thanks for that info. Does your display bounce around between numbers when you find one?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the V3i which has the same VDI's the gold rings I have found have all hit on 22, all 3 frequencies lined up perfectly and a solid hit. All 3 rings were also the approx same size. Anyone find a large gold class ring with a Whites? What VDI does the big gold usually come in as?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The VDI is pretty solid like a good coin hit however the VDI it comes in at depends on the size of the ring and what karat the ring is 10,12,14,18, I dug a thick 10k band last year that came in at 50VDI which I was discriminating out the low numbers at the time and dug it thinking it was an IH. Like said most will be a lower VDI as most aren't very thick and I'm sure being 10k made a difference with others metals mixed with the gold to make it 10k and it being that thick of a band. HH

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a nice gold ring this year in the 13-14 range, I also found a small silver earing in that range last night. Mi girls gold ring is in the singal digets, so you never know till you dig.

OP
OP
J

jrcjrc

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2012
Thanks everyone for your input on gold rings. Dig em all I guess is best. Practice makes perfect. With my MXT I am thinking about a bigger coil to cover more ground. I have eclipse 6x9 and the stock 950. I don't really know what would be best but don't want to miss gold rings. Any input on this?1

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both would work fine. Larger coils have better depth, smaller coils have better separation in trashy areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread