MXT and Killer Bs headphones question

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
MXT and Killer B's headphones question

Using a neighbors MXT this weekend. When trying it out this morning with my Killer B's Wasp headphones I had to turn volume way down on the phones to keep from SCREAMING NOISE when pinpointing. Limiter switch made no difference. Should it have?
Still found some goodies but with volume turned down so low I am concerned I might miss some deep targets tomorrow. Any Killer B users out there that can help me out? Thanks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
slow sweeper

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Re: MXT and Killer B's headphones question

Very true. But when it's reading pull tab I like to check depth because if it's 4" deep it's probably not a pull tab. Or any target that's not locking on might be a good target if it's deep. The brass padlock I found today was jumping around some on the meter but the depth reading was 7" so I dug. Glad I did.
I'm just borrowing the detector too so I don't have time to learn all the ideosynchrosies. I want to get as much out of that school yard as I can tomorrow. Cuz after that it's back to the old Classic III. But I'll be getting one of those MXT's as soon as I can. How you doing with yours Free?

OP
OP
slow sweeper

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Re: MXT and Killer B's headphones question

Another question for you Free. I've read some of your past posts and understand that you rarely if ever hit parks or schools and such. You prefer to hit houses in your area that have been torn down, tore up sidewalks and such. I remember that you also have two other coils besides the 950. Okay now for the question. Have you been trying out the other coils and which do you prefer?
With any luck I'll be getting myself an MXT before long and want to pick as many peoples brains about accessory coils. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread