mxt pro coil decision/Recommendation

MangaRang

Greenie
Jul 20, 2013
Hey everyone Im just about to buy a MXT pro on my arrival back home to Australia and I am a greenhorn with Md.
Im trying do decide if I should get a 10x12 sef coil for gold prospecting and just use the stock one for beaches and relics. The coil im looking for I would like some depth specialy for gold and even coins/jewelry in Australia soil. It would be greatly appreciate if you can share yiur thought and explain the pros and cons. Thx 4 ur time 8)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use,a,whites v3i & had lots of luck with the stock 10"dd coil it came with then I had heard that the sef coils were good I tried the 6x8 to start & was very pleased then got the 10x12 sef now these r the only ones I go to for this machine I noticed quite a bit improvement over the 10dd using the 10x12 for what I hunt foundations,parks,fields,etc I noticed better depth,separation between trash,& also a lot better near EMI I was able to use the machine closer to the powerlines then with the dd coil, so my opinion is there great all the,way

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 10x12 SEF is the only coil that I use on my MXT PRO. I have used the 6x10 and D2 coils but found the SEF coil much better and deeper. And has great separation in trashy areas.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 10x12 SEF is the only coil that I use on my MXT PRO. I have used the 6x10 and D2 coils but found the SEF coil much better and deeper. And has great separation in trashy areas.

I think ur the one that turned me on to them awhile ago when I asked about my 6x8 lol. Ya these coils have been pretty bad a&s in lots of different enviornments

OP
OP
MangaRang

MangaRang

Greenie
Jul 20, 2013
have you used the sef 10x12 for gold prospecting?? And does it mater the brand of sef coil like dtech or others

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you used the sef 10x12 for gold prospecting?? And does it mater the brand of sef coil like dtech or others

I haven't done any gold its just not in my area as of the brand ah detech is the company that makes the sef or butterfly same thing kellyco is the authorized vendor for them in the U.S. & there made in Bulgaria

OP
OP
MangaRang

MangaRang

Greenie
Jul 20, 2013
Ok thx for your help.I live in australia so il have to order one in. Im sure there be decent for gold prospecting as well. Only one way ti find out lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread