MXT Pro. Vs. v3I

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. I know most of you have been following my questions and about buying The new V3I that I had pretty well set my sights on. But now I have had some people send me private messages and suggest that even with my being mostly deaf that maybe the MXT PRO. May better be suited for my needs as it being a simpler maching. But I have also read and watched reviews that the stop coil that come on the MXT is not that great and would need to replace it with a different coil for most situations.

So. What do you guys think between the V3I and the MXT Pro. Of course the MXT is considerably les expensive but still need to get other coils as will as I would probable need other could for the V3I also.

My question is how well do the visuals perform on the MXT compared to the V3I. The MXT being a more turn on and go machine vs have to learn the learning curve of the V3I.

I think I can deal with the audio of either machine as they sound by videos that I have watch.

What you guys think on this? Would you go with the V3I or the MXT Pro both have the Cash Bucks going right now so I need to get this figured out before to long.

Thank for the help
Phil

Upvote 0
Phil, I would take a look at the VX3. I am told that it has many of the features of the V3i but is a little less complicated and thus a smaller learning curve. I'm not sure what specifcally they have changed but I know that they made the changes based on feedback from V3i users.

I don't find the V3i too complicated at all, and I love the graphing before I dig. The last machine I owned before this one was a Spectrum XLT and that was a long time ago.
If you are decent with computers, smartphones or technology in general you will have no problem learning the V3i.

Ok thanks guys for the input. I am still pretty much stuck on the V3I for my self but thinks I may purchase the MXT Pro for my 65 year old brother to use as he is not so tech savvy. I am trying to get him into this also as he is the only one I have to hunt with.

I have the v3i and it is a very simple machine to use. The 10inch DD coil that comes with it is a great coil but has some trouble in high trash areas. I purchased a 8x6 SEF coil for it and its incredible. You can't go wrong with the whites V3I

I have the v3i and it is a very simple machine to use. The 10inch DD coil that comes with it is a great coil but has some trouble in high trash areas. I purchased a 8x6 SEF coil for it and its incredible. You can't go wrong with the whites V3I

Where is the best place to get a sef coil on the Internet? I am looking to get a 10 x 12

The V3i is a great detector, but I wouldn't really recommend it for beginners.

Thanks Duckbuster for the info. I do plan on buying a couple extra coils.

The V3i is a great detector, but I wouldn't really recommend it for beginners.

Scotty, I would be using the V3i for my self and if I also buy the MTX Pro I would be letting my brother use it. I am not a big inner but haven done any metal detecting for about 20 years.

I currently have the old fisher God Bug and a Garrett ACE 350. I use to have a fisher CZ5 that I used for a long time and at the time was a great machine.

Scotty, I would be using the V3i for my self and if I also buy the MTX Pro I would be letting my brother use it. I am not a big inner but haven done any metal detecting for about 20 years.

By all means give it a try. Just don't get frustrated with it. It takes time to learn it. Your patience will be rewarded.

I am pretty patient person and now that I am retired nothing better to do than take the time to learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back