MXT Pro

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick question.

How does the MXT do as a coin machine? The pro has the 12" coil which I do not really care for but the deal may be too good to pas up.
Seller also has a M6 That he wants to sell but I used one once for a short time and did not really care for it.
Any info is appreciated.
Jpiddle

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is great for finding coins. That is what I use. I like it because it emits a loud beep when something is under the coil. (get headphones so that you can hear the faintest of sounds). I like the visual display too. I have the big coil too but prefer the smaller 6x9DD coil.

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT Pro is great coin machine. Actually the M6 was known for being one of the top coin shooting detectors out there and the MXT Pro is basically the same as the M6 for coins and jewelry mode but the MXT Pro has a relic and prospecting mode which the M6 does not. I do not really recommend the 12 inch coil for coins but the 950 concentric or the 5.3 eclipse and 4x6 shooter coils are excellent for coins! So to answer your question the Whites MXT Pro with 950 concentric coil is the one you would want and it will hang with any of the detectors known for coin shooting.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep like said above it will hold its own for sure, it will hit coins every bit as deep as the V3i or the E-trac. I think the threshold gives it an edge over the M6 for those really deep coins, I can get dimes at 10"+ and have found a few at 12" before. HH

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the original MXT and it's been a great coin machine. I prefer either the 6X10 coil or the 5.3 most of the time. Large coils are great in really clean areas, but that's not where we usually hunt or find coins.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread