MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
thanks spooky i was up in the air about this mxt feature

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
If you are just out coin shooting in a park but still want the lower numbers for nickles and gold jewelry and the high numbers for coins and silver but don't want the junk inbetween then the trigger forward is a great feature. NO SCREW CAPS! In a modern park setting the only thing you are knocking out is junk. On an old site you don't want to use it because you can miss tokens, relics etc.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:lurk: I kind of like diging up all the in between stuff. Ya never know what ya might find.

Jimmy4

Sep 2, 2009
Battle Creek, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ace 150, Etrac
I'm with Spooky...haven't used MXT as long as he has (little less than a yr), but don't mind digging, rather not miss something good.

OP
OP
01 medicated

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
thanks tin, thats what im looking for feedback on this subject same here jimmy,tryin to figure it all out

OP
OP
01 medicated

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
would that be called cherrypickin man i swing low & slow set at 2-3 & 9-10 cause i like it all,yeah i dig trash but i have been suprized also. thanks for input guys and happy huntin

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only tried it once, and just didnt trust it either... I think it would be okay if I was just looking for coins (I get the feeling that is what is supposed to be for), but if all the bigger gold rings are in the pull-tab range, then wouldnt it disc them out too?
Just FYI for any MXT users that may not have read the MXT book, I got a tip on it that is FANTASTIC!...
I will often get .01-.10 hits that after a couple sweeps jumps from that to .25 and .50, then back to .01-.10.... Seemed it was always a bottle cap, but I didnt want to miss an old coin, so I would dig them.. The "Tip" says to sweep target, but instead of going over it, just barely let the outside edge of the coil get near the target, and if it is a cap, it will show as an Iron VDI... Works like a charm, and now every time I get that signal, I try it, and sure enough, it shows as Iron.. It has saved me hundreds of digs..
Book says something about the mix of iron and steel in the caps, and it confuses the computer.. Give it a try, you will really appreciate not having to dig those stinking bottle caps..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread