mxt question!

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
can anyone tell me what the best setting for coin and jewelry mode should be set at. I have watched the video a few times but dont really understand it. and the trigger forward not in the middle what is that all about?

gain at 10
duel control 3
threshold ?

and what is trac lock?

Attachments

• Picture 479.jpg
    Picture 479.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 616

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the gain as high as possible usually +2 in needs to be stable without falsing though, the dual control will be discriminate in coin and jewelry mode or relic mode usually set this at 3 unless its real trashy area then from 4.5 to 6 and theshold should be set barely audible and listen for the deep whisper signals. The trigger forward I use for the relic mode, with the trigger forward in relic mode you will get a grunt for iron when running 0 discrimination anything that is on the plus scale VDI will give a high tone, if you turn up the discrimination in this mode then you won't hear any low VDI's the more you turn up the discriminate the more VDI's you will lose. The trigger forward in relic mode is real nice if the trash is heavy I will use a 3 to 4.5 discriminate setting and listen for the high repeatable tones. Track lock is when the tracking switch is in the middle position the switch on the right side of the detector it has salt for beaches center is track lock( you should ground balance before locking track) and down is tracking the detector will track the ground in this position making changes as the ground changes.HH

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and the trigger forward not in the middle what is that all about? this will lock-in your pinpointing and use up the batteries faster, i always keep my trigger in the center
the MXT has three knobs and two toggles
Toggle on the left, click this forward to C/J
toggle on the right click this to ground
the gain Knob, i turn this as high as it will go while i hold the loop in the air, when i get interferance ( ck-spl) i back off just a bit.

the daul control knob, place a nickle on the ground and swing your loop over this. turn the knob until it has canceled the nickle , then turn the knob left til you hear it again this is a good setting to start.

the Threshold knob, turn this to the right until you hear the humming ( i run silent with just a hint of humming) if you can put up with the noise keep a steading humming going
hope this helps

HH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trigger on a MXT and the MXT pro work different, there is no pinpoint lock on the regular MXT. It is an alternate mode, with the trigger forward. HH

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks wingmaster
after reading up on the MXT, and MXT pro I see that the function of the Trigger is differant, locking it forward on the mxt helps to disc on pulltabs, whereas on the MXT pro locks in for pinpointing

HH

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
2cmorau said:
thanks wingmaster
after reading up on the MXT, and MXT pro I see that the function of the Trigger is differant, locking it forward on the mxt helps to disc on pulltabs, whereas on the MXT pro locks in for pinpointing

HH

Thats the old style beaver tail pull tabs, the new ones remain. The trigger forward in C&J mode will knock out anything with a VDI between 28 and 49. Decent size gold rings fall in this range. The only really usefull application would be coin shooting in a modern trashy park.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but in relic mode the trigger forward is just an alternate mode, this is where the MXT really shines as you can really pick through the trash in this mode. HH

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did any buddy ever notice that the mxt will pinpoint deeper than in regular..c/j..or relic..mode just swinging it over the target...all metal non motion rules....

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau said:
thanks wingmaster

HH
or all metal NON MOTION

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread