Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks...

Here's a couple of pics of the 10 Toy Boxes I'm donating to honer my later daughter and grandson I lost on Feb. 16, 2015. I have to seal the wood yet on each box and slightly level some of the boxes per their wooden feet.

Now I have to contact 10+ area churches that would like to participate in filling each and deliver to needy families w/children or someone in despair w/box included.

All box pieces (90 pcs.) are cut, machined, hand assembled, sanded, stained and finished by hand / me. I'm now trying to find a branding iron to leave my "mark" somehow. I've now built over 100+ of them and am looking forward to some area churches filling these and delivering them to a needy family this upcoming Christmas.

And please... ANY constructive thoughts are welcome and encouraged. I'm just a "one man army" at the moment!

Thanks, Brad

Attachments

• DSCN0648.JPG
    DSCN0648.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 172

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, Brad! That is a great way to honor you loved ones, and any child (parent for that matter) should be honored to receive one of those toy boxes.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome toy boxes, there are going to be 10 happy families, that's for sure.

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you will send me a drawing or an idea of what you want I'll see if I can get you something made up and send it to you as a way to say thank you for what your doing.

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm now trying to find a branding iron to leave my "mark" somehow.
Thanks, Brad

I found a good, larger font, rubber stamp with quality pigmented ink works very well. You can spray lacquer or urethane over it to make it more permanent.
I buy my stamps through Custom Rubber Stamps | Address Stamps, Date Stamps, & More - theStampmaker.com and my Brilliance Pigmented Ink Pads through Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Tsukineko-Brilliance-Pigment-Inkpad-Pearlescent/dp/B0013JLDZS

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless You!!!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great work and a great way to honor a loved one's memory.
I'm sorry for your loss and I know they are smiling down on you.
dts

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you lived closer I know several churches that would enjoy that type of project. You could say its right up their alley. Nice work and testament to your family!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks folks and thanks for the information also. I really wish I knew more about marketing and about how to find just the "right" shipping box also. But I probably have to be careful what I ask for because I'll be LIVING in this wood shop 24/7. Two years ago I put one ad in the Nashville Craigslist 3 months before Christmas and was swamped with orders. Got all but 1 filled. But I also know you can only saturate a marketplace up to a certain point before it tapers off to a trickle I'd think. But I probably have a lot of room yet to sell around here.

Gonna start looking up some churches today and I'll have plenty in which to chose from around me. I sure wish some of you folks lived closer.... we'd have a few beers, built and B.S. Later, Brad

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Only branding iron i made was from flat stock cut and bent to shape,(edge/thickness of stock being the face ) then circled with flatstock, then a Y shaped round stock handle welded on its reverse side, the Y two shorter ends the attachment points to weld... Bent an eye at other end.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you will send me a drawing or an idea of what you want I'll see if I can get you something made up and send it to you as a way to say thank you for what your doing.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I received some PM's offering help for this endeavor and appreciate them all. While I knew the costs going in I TRULY appreciate the offered monetary help.

Trapper340... This guy has the skill set to help me with a branding iron. He's working on it and we talked this morning on what to do. And thank you Trapper! I hope it works out. If it works out good and if it doesn't I thank you for the effort.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I know it makes you feel good to build these, but it really makes everyone feel good, even I feel better.

Very well done sir, and don't forget no good deed goes unnoticed.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know it makes you feel good to build these, but it really makes everyone feel good, even I feel better.

Very well done sir, and don't forget no good deed goes unnoticed.

Hey Tom.... NEVER... did I think I'd get offers from other T-net members to help or off-set the costs of donating these 10 boxes. There are MANY good-hearted members here and I thank them all. I wasn't looking for help but was just sharing this endeavor and encourage others with the skill set to do the same toward this upcoming Christmas Holiday. The difference is I'm on a personal mission now and late... BUT I will for as long as I can build these boxes... and will continue to donate each year to needy family's during each Christmas forward.

EDIT: Maybe next year we'll plan how many boxes T-Net member's can help with and "we"ll" knock'em out together. Maybe some of you can spare some time or spend a weekend here and we'll do it together...? Brad

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Brad, you are awesome.

I remember back in my very disturbing childhood, coming home from somewhere and finding boxes of clothing, toys, and whatever on our doorstep. I was jealous as my older brother got those lace up boots with all the buckles & belts. They were too big for me. Christmas time was special that year, of all the different places I lived as a child. It was the church who adopted us. The next Christmas was somewhere else, and then somewhere else. I went to 18 different schools before finishing high school, left home at 15.

What you are doing is bringing back those moments which truly were magic in my small world.

As Red would say "God Bless".

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad, you are awesome.

I remember back in my very disturbing childhood, coming home from somewhere and finding boxes of clothing, toys, and whatever on our doorstep. I was jealous as my older brother got those lace up boots with all the buckles & belts. They were too big for me. Christmas time was special that year, of all the different places I lived as a child. It was the church who adopted us. The next Christmas was somewhere else, and then somewhere else. I went to 18 different schools before finishing high school, left home at 15.

What you are doing is bringing back those moments which truly were magic in my small world.

As Red would say "God Bless".

Roger... Thank you for the post buddy. And I am so happy to have met you and Dean in B.C. MI. this summer. Roger you know and I know not you or I can... change our upbringing or control others now. But maybe we can help others now... in some helpful way? Thank you and others for the PM's offering to support me... Brad

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had seen your post earlier a source for wood branding Irons is( Lee Valley- veritas) plus tons of other woodworking goodies I get carving tools from them among other things.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I had seen your post earlier a source for wood branding Irons is( Lee Valley- veritas) plus tons of other woodworking goodies I get carving tools from them among other things.

Thanks for the info.... I'll check'em out. Another member here is working on a branding iron for me. I looked into getting one made (electric) and boy are they expensive. The one he's working on will have to be heated with a little torch and then used. But it should work fine.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE: The Chief of Police for Franklin TN. Debbie Falkner got a hold of me and asked if she could have ALL 10 OF THE TOY BOXES I'M DONATING? She asked about 2 weeks ago and said she'd see to it that all 10 were filled and delivered to the proper folks. I thought about it overnight and my wife I agreed to give them all to her. She keeps in touch with me ever since our daughters and grandsons deaths.

NEVER did I expect one person or 1 organization to fill all 10 of these boxes. Since then I've had 2 other churches request a box also. I have a hard time turning them down but have to draw a line somewhere down the line. But I'll probably do the 2 more boxes. I never expected the help coming so "easily".

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, limitool. I remember when that accident happened and just a horrible thing, but glad to see something good come out of that. God bless Franklin PD. See, there are some good people in the world, but they just don't make the news. Anything we can do to help out, let us know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread