🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 1800's site still keeps giving!

Went to my trusty spot today as it just about always gives up something special. 15 min into the hunt I have to pee! Really bad. So I head into the woods and do my thing. On the way out I see a little area I never hit before, covered in ivy and wild grape vines. In the middle I get a faint, deep tone on the CTX. Numbers say wheat penny but I don't rely on them anyway. I like to hunt by depth. About 14 inches down this is what came out. I'm still shaking. My first big big silver and a little one to go with it. Thanks for looking. Mike image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Upvote 21
Wow. Love the Morgan. I would have been really happy with the Barber dime- but the Morgan is a fantastic find. Congrats!

Sweet!!

It's not like you just found Big silver, you found a monster silver!! Awesome!! Both silvers you got look to be in Great shape too.

Btw- I'm still looking for my first big silver, so jealous!! Lol

Congrats on the Morgan. Very well done!

Sweet!!

It's not like you just found Big silver, you found a monster silver!! Awesome!! Both silvers you got look to be in Great shape too.

Btw- I'm still looking for my first big silver, so jealous!! Lol
They are in great shape, however I did put a nice scratch in her with my shovel. Oh well. Don't worry, you will find even better down in Maryland. GG HH Mike

Congrats on 2 great coins!.......Ground conditions never cease to amaze me......for instance, how do coins sometimes (at 14 inches no less) retain the dark fields from circulation and wear yet the devices on the coins remain clean, like they were dropped yesterday!......I mean, wouldn't you think the whole coin would be blotchy, uneven color, etc?.......And, in this case, no dirt even got into any crevices, LIBERTY on the head of the Morgan, etc:dontknow:........That's what I love about this hobby, never know what you're gonna come up with next! :thumbsup:

HH all!

Greg

Congrats on 2 great coins!.......Ground conditions never cease to amaze me......for instance, how do coins sometimes (at 14 inches no less) retain the dark fields from circulation and wear yet the devices on the coins remain clean, like they were dropped yesterday!......I mean, wouldn't you think the whole coin would be blotchy, uneven color, etc?.......And, in this case, no dirt even got into any crevices, LIBERTY on the head of the Morgan, etc:dontknow:........That's what I love about this hobby, never know what you're gonna come up with next! :thumbsup:

HH all!

Greg
I hear ya buddy loud and clear. You should see the walker I pulled and other silver from this particular location. I'll tell you why......."The name "rockaway" is the later corruption of a Lenape language word that sounded phonetically something like "rack-a-wak-e", and referred to the area. It may have meant "place of sands"". You see the site Im working is not your typical "dirt", it's more of a sandy consistency. That's all I'm willing to divulge. Thanks for looking, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back