Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't refer to the make of the car, but rather to the condition. It's an inside joke I probably shouldn't have used. My mom's heritage is pretty evident, even if mine ain't so much. Actually that car belonged to my Great Uncle Hiram McLaine, I believe. An inveterate secretive treasure hunter of the Wichita Mountains and locations unknown, who possessed obscure and puzzling maps and drawings to aid his searches. A Scotsman, also, as I remember.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its so sad when we lose people we love way to early I am sure she is looking down on you and your family with much love!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the other hand MG, she could be lookin up! (I'll probably go there for that post but Mom would laugh at it.)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! I am pretty sure where my parent are and I don't want to go there, my grandmother I don't know??

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pictures and memories. I watched a news story today the mom lost her only adult child from a local murder....I fell out of chair when she said she destroyed all evidence of her existence after the Perp was convicted... she wanted to move on... no child hood pictures....it is as though her daughter ceased to exist...

Seeing you post confirms my belief that we keep and preserve our memories.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah someday later on down the road, rjw4law, it will get down to memories are all you got. My dad's 76 years old and sits and looks out the window at the world down there in Oklahoma, and I know he's rememberin. I hope like him my good memories far outweigh the bad ones.

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice vintage photo RGINN. I was wondering which one are you the toddler or the infant?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to remember her today in your deeds and thoughts. Did you read Gypsys post ? Her Dad also died on Thanksgiving. Enjoy your post as always.
TnMtns

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why, I'm standin in front in my overalls, Nova. Yeah, TnMountains, I read Gypsy's post a lot about her dad, but I can't respond to it. We had to pull the plug on Mom. They had that thing with the graph that goes up and down, showin the heartbeat. It went beep, beep, beep, then beeeeeeeeeeeep. A flat line, just like on the TV in those hospital shows. I seen a lotta people die in my life, but it was kinda hard watchin my mom die, knowin that of all the fights I won, all the times I had cheated death, all the times I pulled out of a fix when there was no way I should have, there was not one single thing I could do. That was the end of it. Just a long flat line, and the nurse sayin she's gone. The way of all things, I guess.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a hard place to be. I was raised by my grandmother, my mother was there but, not really (nother story) but, the hospital had me make the decision if my grandmother started to go should they or not .... hard place to be!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Why, I'm standin in front in my overalls, Nova. Yeah, TnMountains, I read Gypsy's post a lot about her dad, but I can't respond to it. We had to pull the plug on Mom. They had that thing with the graph that goes up and down, showin the heartbeat. It went beep, beep, beep, then beeeeeeeeeeeep. A flat line, just like on the TV in those hospital shows. I seen a lotta people die in my life, but it was kinda hard watchin my mom die, knowin that of all the fights I won, all the times I had cheated death, all the times I pulled out of a fix when there was no way I should have, there was not one single thing I could do. That was the end of it. Just a long flat line, and the nurse sayin she's gone. The way of all things, I guess.

Sorry I did not see this sooner. My mom had an aortic arch replaced after many serious surgerys 5 years ago. My dad had been dead since I was 14. She took us fishing and got us two boys involved in hunting and grew us into men. She was our rock. After the valve it blew her lower arch out and she bled out.They put her on a machine to keep her alive. There was no coming back. I told them to let her go. Its hard but then its a hard life as well. I do not think you ever get over the loss Rginn but you learn to move on.
adios

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pic RGINN , the ole res runner looks like it was in pretty good shape even missin a cap lol ,mom looks like a proud woman .

Thanks for sharing the pic Bro :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And my mom is 19 years old in that pic. And married.

UNCLENICK

Dec 8, 2009
NorCal Foothills
Dont ever get rid of this pic! Its a classic! America was a different place back then. The suspenders, shoes, her dress, the car, and black and white. ITs classic Americana

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my 1959 mugshot (hint: I wasn't one yet) HAHAHA

Best-Mike

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 530

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread