My 1959 mugshot

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you UncleNick. I shall not lose this pic. Those are not suspenders, but overall straps. Those are store bought. I don't have shoes, because they didn't really buy shoes for the kids until winter time. You went barefoot in the summer, which sucks in western Oklahoma because they have grassburs and goatheads. They didn't have those in eastern Oklahoma where my folks were raised. My Mom's clothes were hand made. The blouse was store bought material. The skirt is a combination of store bought material and flour sacks. In those days they sold flour in 25 lb. sacks that were printed with different designs, and folks used the sacks to make clothes out of. I had a lot of shirts made out of flour sacks when I first started school. I got laughed at too, but no big deal to me. When these clothes wore out, they would cut them up and the women would piece together quilts from them. We still have a quilt made from pieces of the skirt my mom is wearing. My grandkids have no conception of the world I grew up in, and when I grew up I could not possibly conceive of their world today, but it all probably balances out in the long run, you think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread