My 1k in halves results today

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Picked up my 1k in halve dollars today and had some ok results. pulled the following:

on another note I asked about ordering ikes and the vault teller said she would see what she could do. It was very positive. I also stopped at my main bank and asked about ikes and the manager said she would check into it but said she would have to special order them. So it looks like I might be trying my hand at the ikes. I will know from both of them next week.

HH and have a great weekend.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the ike craze starts now :D Good luck getting yer hands on em, dumping may be an issue though. I might consider asking for ikes too, they come in $100 bags, right?
HH,
Buff

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
and the ike craze starts now :D Good luck getting yer hands on em, dumping may be an issue though. I might consider asking for ikes too, they come in $100 bags, right?
HH,
Buff

I dont think dumping them will be an issue. They are very sought after around here. My dump bank says they would take them as they get people asking all the time. Plus craigslist is always an option for a little profit.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best of luck to you, I may ask my local bank about these ikes and ordering too, though I do have a weekly order of 4 boxes of coin, I don't want to overburden them. If I were to get a hold of them ikes, chances are I would not be doing thousands of dollars worth either.

Let us all know how you make out!

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
best of luck to you, I may ask my local bank about these ikes and ordering too, though I do have a weekly order of 4 boxes of coin, I don't want to overburden them. If I were to get a hold of them ikes, chances are I would not be doing thousands of dollars worth either.

Let us all know how you make out!

I just want to see how the ikes are. If they pan out I will order more. That is if i can get them to begin with. I will keep my finds posted. i will know for sure next week if they can get them . Currently I and going through 4 boxes of pennies, 4 nickel, 4 dimes, 2 halves and now starting 2 boxes of quarters a week. So why not add Ikes to the mix. LOL.
HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how are them quarters for you? I've only done 3 boxes of quarters, but none contained silver.

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
how are them quarters for you? I've only done 3 boxes of quarters, but none contained silver.

I have done 4 boxes so far and have scored 1 per box. Its not a skunk. As long as they keep producing I will keep looking. I used to only get quarters if they were out of dimes but they have been good so far.

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I would guess they would be in $500 or $1000 bags. $100 seems pretty low. I will update when I find out this week.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rfishoutofwater those are not bad quarter stats really. There are also some good errors to look out for, especially some of the state quarters. Quarters don't seem to hurt your eyes as bad as dimes do :laughing7:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got ikes they came in $100 bags, Found nothing. The teller is going to get them a few more times. The tells made me get them pizza friday.$23 They get me what ever i want. They are very nice. Thats PNC

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Did anybody get a bank to order the Ikes? I have only heard of one person who no longer posts getting a few bags of Ikes ordered. Anybody remember LJ?

Golden Silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Sorry TimZim I did not see your post. So PNC does it for you? I might have to try one since they just opened one up near me. Gets me thinking....

Golden Silver

OP
OP
rfishoutofwater

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I found out from my main bank that they can order me $1 coin but cannot guarantee it would be the large ike dollars and they come in 1000 box/bag. So not sure if I want to order. I might just to try it. My second bank I have trying I was there Friday and the Main teller I deal with was off so I will find out Monday.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked 2 different branches about ordering IKES, both national branches.
Bank 1: "we cannot order "Large dollar coins", they will likely be golden dollars"
Bank 2: "we no longer order half dollars or dollar coins since they just don't circulate anymore, but we can save any we come accross for you"

so i am out of luck there, but it can't hurt to ask!
HH
Buff

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck
hopefully u dont get those steel morgans like i did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread