Magic coin how do i open?

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i pulled what i believe to be a magic coin from my boxes earlier this week it is lighter than a normal halve it does not have a seam on the edge but looks like it on the back it would it is off center on the reverse so i know it was pieced together there any tips?
Thanks
PIP

Upvote 0

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
long time no see Pipster how ya been
what you have is a scotch and soda magic coin but your missing the release ring, you can ether drop it on edge a few times to release it or make a release ring yourself with a metal ring slightly smaller then the coin and hit it on he table, the inner coin will slip out hope this helps...... Google in (scotch and soda trick)

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking to a man in town that does slight of hand and he also said Scotch and Soda was the trick. The release ring he called a knock ring

OP
OP
Pipster

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help guys, sure enough that was the coin. it was bugging me over the last couple days as for the rest of the boxes 3 40% on 41/2 boxes:icon_thumright:

PIP

Attachments

• magic coin.JPG
    magic coin.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 135
OP
OP
Pipster

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey dale, yeah i stopped posting after some flack on a few of my post always checked in on everyone's scores just did not post any of mine
well happy searching to you and maybe i will post some pics up when i do good on a box

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the help guys, sure enough that was the coin. it was bugging me over the last couple days as for the rest of the boxes 3 40% on 41/2 boxes:icon_thumright:

PIP

You searched 4 and 1/2 boxes or 41 and 1/2?

OP
OP
Pipster

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic of back as requested, and it was $2,370 yielded a proof 3-40% and the magic coin DSCF0341.JPG

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 2 of these in the same box..with the same inside coin as yours..The only reason i noticed was the coin machine would'nt take them...We tossed them onto the floor and they poped open..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread